The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and WideClient with SU10 MSFS no connectet

Ursli80

Can you please also show me your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files, as well as your WideClient.ini,

Your WideClient logs show a windows error 183, which is the following:

ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS

183 (0xB7)

Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

But I am not sure what file that refers to at the moment (without checking). The second error (10061) means that there was nothing listening on the port you were trying yo connect to.
This may be related to the first error, but can you confirm that WideServer was active and waiting for connections when you trued to connect (check the MSFS title bar).

John

Dear John,

I agree with you that you shouldn't look for problems, they come by themselves 😊 No, joking aside.  

Of course, I restarted both PCs several times before my entry and it did not connect. 

I also noticed that FSUIPC wasn't always started when I started the sim (which I always start as admin).  

I also sometimes had trouble starting FSUIPC manually.  But I'm glad it works again.

Thanks for the great support.

Best regards from Switzerland.

Urs

4 hours ago, Ursli80 said:

I also noticed that FSUIPC wasn't always started when I started the sim (which I always start as admin).  

That is strange...there is a FAQ entry on MSFS auto-start issues, but if this is an occasional issue I don't think it will help...

4 hours ago, Ursli80 said:

I also sometimes had trouble starting FSUIPC manually.

That is even stranger...do you get any errors, or anything in the event log when this happens? 

1 minute ago, Ursli80 said:

Hello John, I am now having the same problems as yesterday.

Files?

However, I won't get a chance to look at this in detail for at least a few days (too many problems with the latest MSFS release...), but if you can attach all your files (i.e. all logs and inis) then I will take a look when time permits, to see if I can determine what is causing this issue - although it may have resolved itself again by then...!

John

Hi John,

so if FSUIPC doesn't start with the sim and you want to start it via the desktop icon, it doesn't start. From the installation folder it works. But WideClient does not build a connection. Although Fsuipc says Connectet. I don't really understand the whole thing.

Regards

Urs

2 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

so if FSUIPC doesn't start with the sim and you want to start it via the desktop icon, it doesn't start

But there is no desktop icon to start FSUIPC7 - there is only one to start MSFS...so that will be why it doesn't start.

4 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

Although Fsuipc says Connectet.

That is the connection to  MSFS, not WideClient/WideServer. WideServer status is reported in the MSFS title bar when running, not in the FSUIPC7 title bar.

5 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

But WideClient does not build a connection.

Do you have an aircraft loaded and ready-to-fly? Sometimes WideClient is started earlier, but other times only once you have a plane loaded and ready-to-fly, so check that you are in this state - and the MSFS title bar should indicate that WideServer is running and waiting for connections, as well as your FSUIPC7.log file with the following line:

45297 Starting WideServer now ...

The log file you posted earlier shows that WideServer was not started as you never loaded an aircraft, and you exited after 23 seconds.

Please load an aircraft before you try to do anything with WideServer/WideClient, and check that WideServer is running, either from the MSFS title bar or the log.

Hi John,

Ohh sorry for the confusion in this case I thought since it was installed on the desktop (with MSFS lettering) it was FSUIP.

Shouldn't it be on the desktop? do I have to move/delete it?

But you are right. I started WideClient earlier each time.

So still in the main menu of FS2020. As far as I can remember, died was never a problem. I will test it when I have the plane loaded and loaded in this case.

Many many thanks for the support John.

Best regards

Urs

The desktop icon is an optional feature that just displays a splash screen while MSFS is starting, nothing more. If you don't use that to start MSFS, delete it and when you run the installer, uncheck the checkbox on the final page. If you want a shortcut for starting FSUIPC, just create one.

There should be no issues starting WideClient while MSFS is in the main menu, but it will/may not connect (it may sometimes though). Always wait until you have an aircraft loaded and are ready-to-fly before reporting any connection issues. As I keep telling you, you can tell when WideServer is running by the MSFS title bar. But there is really no point in starting WideClient until you have an aircraft loaded.

John

13 hours ago, Ursli80 said:

When I start the simulator as admin, it doesn't start FSUIPC itself.

Strange, but that is a problem with MSFS...you could try setting the FSUIPC7.exe compatibility property setting 'Run this program as administrator' if you are always going to run with admin privileges,

Regards,

John