The simFlight Network Forums

Having difficulties calibrating my PCF throttle with Fenix A320 using FSUIPC7

nantelp

HI,

I am having difficulties assigning and calibrating my PFC (serial) throttle with FSUIPC,7 and the FenixA320. All the other axis works except those two. They do not even move in the MSFS, Do I need to do something special in the MCDU thrust level calibration screen. If I look at the axes log, I do not see anything logged when I move the throttle in the sim using my mouse.

Any help would be appreciated

Pierre

Many people have reported issues with the throttle assignment in the Fenix A320. You have to calibrate the throttle first in the Fenix MCDU, and then assign as 'Send to FS as normal axis' using the Throttle 1/2 Axis Set Ex1 controls. See 

I'm not sure if the newer *_EX1 axes are available for PFC devices though - not sure how those are assigned/calibrated as I don't have any PFC devices. But first you should consult the Fenix documentation and see if you can calibrate in the MCDU.

John

Thank you, John,

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I'm not sure if the newer *_EX1 axes are available for PFC devices though - not sure how those are assigned/calibrated as I don't have any PFC devices. But first you should consult the Fenix documentation and see if you can calibrate in the MCDU.

Do you know where I could find out or do you think Pete would know?

I will try the suggested assignment. I am not sure if I can calibrate the throttles using the MCDU, my PFC unit is not recognized by MSFS and Fenix as a Thrustmaster would be. I do use a Thrustmaster Airbus Joystick in my set up, I use it for the Aileron, elevator and steering. The joystick works find. 

Pierre 

12 minutes ago, nantelp said:

Do you know where I could find out or do you think Pete would know?

You just need to try it... however if the MCDU doesn't recognise the throttle then I'm not sure there is much you can do, except maybe ask about this on the Fenix and PFC support forums. Pete has retired - he won't know anything about the Fenix either, but does know about the PFC driver (as he wrote it!). You could try asking him (using the tag notation with the @ symbol...). He is also on holiday at the moment, back in few days.

John

I have managed to get the two throttles to work using the setting you proposed.

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

You have to calibrate the throttle first in the Fenix MCDU, and then assign as 'Send to FS as normal axis' using the Throttle 1/2 Axis Set Ex1 controls.

I also have the spoilers working, but I am having some problem with the reverser to work using an axis.  

25 minutes ago, nantelp said:

I have managed to get the two throttles to work using the setting you proposed.

Ok, great!

25 minutes ago, nantelp said:

I am having some problem with the reverser to work using an axis. 

Not having this aircraft, I cannot really advise, sorry. I think most folks would be using a reverse thrust button for this. Maybe ask about this one on the Fenix A320 support.

John