The simFlight Network Forums

msfs2020 make runways question

24 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I ran Make Runways File: Version 5.13 intended for MSFS2020. The Make Runways at the end it generated several files as SceneList.txt and several csv files.

Where those files should be placed?

Patricio Valdes

They are files to be read by whatever program it is that you used MakeRunways for.  Normally you leave the files where they are and point that program to that location.

If you aren't using a program which asked for MakeRunways, then why did you run it?

Pete

I don't understand. I ran the Make Runways from my backup folder which has nothing to do with MSFS2020. Should I run the program from MSFS2020 folder? I am intended to use it for FSCREW RAAS (Runway Awareness and Advisory System). Obviously RAAS will need to see the runways ID. 

I appreciate your help on this.

Patricio Valdes

11 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Should I run the program from MSFS2020 folder?

Please see the provided MakeRwys README.pdf:

For: Microsoft Flight Simulator (“MSFS”)
Create a folder for MakeRunways, wherever you like on your PC. Place MakeRunways.exe into
that folder, then right-click on it, select Properties – Compatibiliy – Run as administrator. (That
way you won’t need to specify “run as administrator” each time you run it).

You do not need the Lorby-Si program LorbySceneryExport for MSFS operation.

Then all you need to do is run the EXE (i.e. double click on it, or make a shortcut for your
desktop). For MS-Store and Steam installs of MSFS, it will find your scenery files and extract the
data for its files. Hopefully, it will also do this for DVD installations, though this has not been
tested at time of writing.

John

16 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

My question now is, how FSCREW RAAS will read the runways ID if such information is outside the MSFS2020?

As Pete said:

16 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Normally you leave the files where they are and point that program to that location.

You would need to consult the FSCREW RAAS documentation (or support) to find out how that accesses those files.

Cheers,

John

18 hours ago, trisho0 said:

John, I was reading that PDF manual and it is exactly what you posted. My question now is, how FSCREW RAAS will read the runways ID if such information is outside the MSFS2020?

Regards,

Patricio Valdes

From the FS2Crew forum.

Reminder: Do not try to import Dowson's MakeRunway database - MSFS Version - The AVSIM Community

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Great, I will let RAAS take care of runways.

Other people have created runway files to use with it on flightsim.to which are free and you can import but it all seems a bit unnecessary to me when all the information is already there!
I'm not sure why FS2Crew decided to create their own database when the one from Pete Dowson I believe does everything they need but hey ho.