The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7 not working with PMDG 737 control events

Jason Fayre

Hello,

I attempting to use FSUIPC 7 with the new 737 sdk for msfs. It looks like there is a problem when sending the PMDG control events. When trying to send the event for the CDU left soft key 1, I got the following in the log:

902766 Exception 1 "ERROR/,   , Ref 4883, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=70166 (????), data=536870912

This is fsuipc 7.3.11.

Thanks!

Also, note that the custom controls for the PMDG 737 use the Rotor Brake event with the parameter indicating the button and mouse action - see 

You can also use custom controls via presets - see https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/ for a list of available presets, and you can also create your own if a preset for that button does not exist.

John

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Also, note that the custom controls for the PMDG 737 use the Rotor Brake event

It looks like the latest PMDG SDK has moved away from the rotor brake and reverted to normal events system like in P3D. 

Some of my users are also reporting not being able to send high event numbers.

The SDK document and .h file make no mention of the Rotor Brake event.

Paul

Hi Paul,

ok, thanks for the info. I saw the SDK had been published (with some changed to the .h file but nothing that requires an FSUIPC update) but hadn't checked/noticed this. This is not only going to screw up peoples existing assignments to the Rotor Brake control, but also to any presets (MF or otherwise) that are also using the Rotor Brake control.

Not sure why high custom event numbers no longer work either, unless higher than 4194304 (0x00400000) as that is the internal flag/value I use to mark preset controls, but that shouldn't be an issue as they start from THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN which is 0x11000 (69632).

I will take a look at this tomorrow, or when I get the OPs log and ini files, as requested.

John

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pdubost said:

2548172 Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 5714, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=83645 (????), data=0

There is no point in just posting the error - please attach your FSUIPC7.ini file and a full FSUIPC7.log file containing that error, and generated with logging for Buttons & Keys as well as Events activated.

John

18 hours ago, Paul Henty said:

It looks like the latest PMDG SDK has moved away from the rotor brake and reverted to normal events system like in P3D. 

I have checked this now with the latest/current PMDG 737-700 release (3.0.42) and the Rotor Brake control is still being used - I therefore suspect the documentation is wrong. You can see the various Rotor Brake events if you activate logging (in FSUIPC) for Events, open the logging console and activate some switches or rotaries in the VC. I have also tried assigning to several controls and everything I have tried is working as expected.

The only issue I see is with the documentation. I will check the PMDG support forums and report this if it has not already been reported.

For those getting the TransmitClientEvent event error with this aircraft, I need to see your assignments and log file (with appropriate logging activated) to look into this - no point in just posting the error (I need to see the context).

Thanks,

John

Hi Jason,

your files show that you are using an unregistered version, so I presume you are sending these events by writing the control numbers to offsets, using MobiFlight or some other software.
The controls you are trying to send have control numbers 70166, 70167, 70168, 70172, 70173 and 70174 - all with a parameter of 536870912 what are these controls?
If they are custom control numbers, as used with the P3D version, then you need to change these to use the Rotor Brake control instead (control number 66587), with an appropriate parameter. See the link I posted earlier on how to calculate the parameter for the Rotor Brake control for control of the PMDG 737 in MSFS. Alternatively, you can use Event logging to log the event (usually Rotor Brake) and parameter used when the switch/rotary/button is operated in the VC, and then use that.

John

Thanks John,

Regarding the registration issue, I haven't purchased a key for version 7 yet. I plan to though.

Interesting. I'm sending these controls via Paul Henty's .net library. These control numbers are from the PMDG SDK for pressing buttons on the CDU. I'll be honest, I'm not totally understanding the issue here. These control numbers are listed in the PMDG 737 for MSFS SDK, so why will they not work with the regular method we used in P3d?

2 hours ago, Jason Fayre said:

Regarding the registration issue, I haven't purchased a key for version 7 yet. I plan to though.

There's a trial license available in a sticky post at the top of this forum if you would like to try the full version first.

2 hours ago, Jason Fayre said:

Interesting. I'm sending these controls via Paul Henty's .net library. These control numbers are from the PMDG SDK for pressing buttons on the CDU. I'll be honest, I'm not totally understanding the issue here. These control numbers are listed in the PMDG 737 for MSFS SDK, so why will they not work with the regular method we used in P3d?

I've looked into this further and it seems that the way the MSFS SDK handles custom controls has changed, and I suspect this is since the SU10 update. Currently it is not possible to send these custom controls, but I will update FSUIPC7 to handle this and post a new version.

You can use the Rotor Brake control, but you can only send mouse operations to buttons/switches/rotaries/etc using this method, and not other parameters (such as heading). Not sure why the PMDG SDK doesn't mention this - maybe because the Rotor Brake control is deprecated now in the MSFS SDK.

Let me confirm it also here: John did a very good (and fast) job, thanks a lot. Since the 7.3.12 published today, PMDG events work perfectly, writing parameters to the known PMDG offsets like in the good old P3D times 😎. Existing scripts may be used again. Forget the "Rotorbrake" botch.

John, you made my day.

Urs

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Alpin-Flier Are the PMDG custom controls still working ok for you? They seem to be broken again here and I am not sure why, although the Rotor Brake method is still working.
If it is working for you, could you let me know what version of the PMFG 737 and what version of FSUIPC7 you are currently using please - I am trying to determine if this is an issue with FSUIPC7, PMDG or MSFS....

Thanks,

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

@Alpin-Flier Are the PMDG custom controls still working ok for you? They seem to be broken again here and I am not sure why, although the Rotor Brake method is still working.
If it is working for you, could you let me know what version of the PMFG 737 and what version of FSUIPC7 you are currently using please - I am trying to determine if this is an issue with FSUIPC7, PMDG or MSFS....

Sorry - forget this, they are working...I was using the wrong parameters....

John