The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS WifeFS : waiting for clients

Driver170

Please do not attach partial logs - always exit FSUIPC7 before attaching log files.

Note that WideServer will not be started until you have a plane loaded and ready-to-fly, so WideClient will not connect before that.  So, please try again and make sure that your aircraft is loaded and ready-to-fly. Any issues, please exit FSUIPC and WideClient before attaching logs, and also attach your WideClient.log and WideClient.ini files.

John

First, your WideClient is out-of-date (7.146) - please update to the latest version, 7.155.

Your WideClient.ini has this:

ServerName=169.254.207.245

That is NOT the server name - should be:
    ServerName=DESKTOP-OVELNI8
or use
    ServerIPAddr=169.254.207.245
Try using the name first, and if that doesn't work switch to using the address.

Also, please check your firewall settings (or disable all firewalls, client server and router, to test) - you may have added an exception for P3D and need to add one for MSFS.

John

32 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

First, your WideClient is out-of-date (7.146) - please update to the latest version, 7.155.

Your WideClient.ini has this:

That is NOT the server name - should be:
    ServerName=DESKTOP-OVELNI8
or use
    ServerIPAddr=169.254.207.245
Try using the name first, and if that doesn't work switch to using the address.

Also, please check your firewall settings (or disable all firewalls, client server and router, to test) - you may have added an exception for P3D and need to add one for MSFS.

John

Ok, I installed the new WIDEFS and now it connects

But the server name has gone in the .ini

WideClient.log WideClient.ini

On 11/22/2022 at 5:32 PM, John Dowson said:

If it is working, what is the problem? You can add the server name or ip address if you like, but make sure you are using the correct parameter - ServerName if using the name, ServerIPAddr if using the address.

John

Thanks john. Servername worked as you know

• 3 months later...

What has changed? Is it still ok with P3D? If this was working ok, then something must have again changed in your system

Network connections issues can be difficult to pin down....I can only suggest that you try the usual techniques -  make sure everything is up-to-date,  reboot everything, try with girewalls disabled, etc...

18 hours ago, John Dowson said:

What has changed? Is it still ok with P3D? If this was working ok, then something must have again changed in your system

Network connections issues can be difficult to pin down....I can only suggest that you try the usual techniques -  make sure everything is up-to-date,  reboot everything, try with girewalls disabled, etc...

Hi John,

P3D works great and thats the only sim i use currently. I decided to try MSFS (eyecandy) to fly about looking at the scenery but it just keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. 

WideClient is the same for P3D and MSFS, and the WideServer component in FSUIPC6 and FSUIPC7 is also the same...are they running on the same PCs?

It is also 3 months since you last posted - was it working ok during this period?

Can you also please check in the Windows Event Viewer to see if there are any com-related events reported there, and if so show them to me.

You also didn't post your WideClient.ini - as I said, I need to see all 4 files from the same session to make any sense of any issues with WideClient connections.

Maybe try using different ports to see if that makes a difference, although I doubt it.

I will run some tests with WideClient and MSFS here later in the week and let you know if I find anything.

What do you use WideClient for on the slave PC? You could possibly try using FSUIPC7 in the client PC instead - see Appendix 4 of the Advanced User manual on how to do this.
This doesn't provided the same functionality as WideClient, but may be an alternative option, depending on your use.

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 2:20 PM, John Dowson said:

WideClient is the same for P3D and MSFS, and the WideServer component in FSUIPC6 and FSUIPC7 is also the same...are they running on the same PCs? I have a second PC which i run these on

It is also 3 months since you last posted - was it working ok during this period? I don't use MSFS very often but decided to go back to it

Can you also please check in the Windows Event Viewer to see if there are any com-related events reported there, and if so show them to me.

You also didn't post your WideClient.ini - as I said, I need to see all 4 files from the same session to make any sense of any issues with WideClient connections.

Maybe try using different ports to see if that makes a difference, although I doubt it.

I will run some tests with WideClient and MSFS here later in the week and let you know if I find anything.

What do you use WideClient for on the slave PC? You could possibly try using FSUIPC7 in the client PC instead - see Appendix 4 of the Advanced User manual on how to do this. TBH I don't think i need it now with prosim as they don't use prosimutils and i don't use TOPCAT anymore
This doesn't provided the same functionality as WideClient, but may be an alternative option, depending on your use.

John

WideClient.ini

No...I don't understand why this is so difficult - you posted the correct files in your very first post that started this thread, but since then it has been difficult to get the files from you at the same time. It is not worth me looking at your files when posted in different posts/days as they could be from different sessions, as I can only tell what is happening by looking at the timestamps from the logs, and ini files are re-written when the application closes with the settings used. This is why I need to see all 4 (or 5) files from the same session, and preferably in the same post so that I know they actually are from the same session. The files I always need to see are:
   From the server/FS PC: FSUIPC7.log, WideServer.log - the FSUIPC7.ini is also helpful
   From the client PC: WideClient.log, WideClient.ini 

It also strikes me as strange that you are attaching a WidServer.ini file - where is this from? You should not have one of these, and you certainly don't need or use it....

On 3/14/2023 at 7:37 AM, Driver170 said:

I decided to try MSFS (eyecandy) to fly about looking at the scenery but it just keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. 

Is this referring to your WideClient issue or something else? If not WideClient, can you please give more details as this may be related.

20 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

regarding the wideserver.ini, i just included this as its in my folder?

Which folder? What is the time/datestamp on that?

21 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

I can include the FSUIPC7 log also when I get home.

Can you attach all 5 files I mentioned in the same post please, even if you have attached them in previous posts. Makes my life easier...!