The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6.1.9 not shown on the Add-ons in PV3D V5

For any installation issues, you should ALWAYS attach your InstallFSUIPC6.log file...

26 minutes ago, johnliem said:

I just reinstalled P3D V5 and install FSUIPC

Did you run P3Dv5 at least once after installation and before installing FSUIPC6? This needs to be done as the P3D registry entries, needed by the FSUIPC6 installer, are not present until you run P3D for the first time after installation.

I suggest you try uninstalling FSUIPC6 by either running the uninstaller that is created in your FSUIPC6 installation folder, or using the Windows App management panel. Then install again. Any issues, show me your InstallFSUIPC6.log file.

29 minutes ago, johnliem said:

I install FSUIPC as Admin

You don't need to do this - just run the installer and it will prompt for elevated privileges when needed.

John

I search in Windows App management panel. But I do not see any FSUIPC6 only FSUIPC7 installed, and when I change the destination folder to install the FSUIPC6 after installation I could not find the folder of the FSUIPC  so far I am no able to install FSUIPC6 and in this case I could not send you or the log file your asked me.

I enclose a screenshot  when I am installing the FSUIPC6 after showing the progress till about shown on the screenshot and then gone. and I restart again the P3Dv5 several times still the same

I am also not able to uninstall it, because FSUIPC won't be installed at this moment  

3.png

44.png

So the installer is crashing rather than completing?

Can you re-run the installer, and uncheck (i.e. not install) the add-on.xml component to see if that makes a difference.
If it still crashes, try unchecking the the other checkboxes so that only the FSUIPC6.dll is installed.

Are you installing for P3Dv5 only? Do you have P3Dv4 installed?

If you manage to get a successful installation, please show me the InstallFSUIPC6.log file.

John

Then install without the add-on.xml component. This should be fine - it just uses a different method to link FSUIPC6 to P3D.
I suspect this is due to an issue with your registry in determining the location of your Documents folder.
These entries in your log look suspicious:

Documents folder location for add-on: C:\Users\Johnliem\OneDrive\Documenten

Does that exist? That is taken from your registry, from HKCU: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
You could try correcting that, otherwise just use the DLL.xml method to start FSUIPC6, whuch us what is used if the add-on.xml component isn't checked.

John