The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to get "IgnoreThese" working

Stinger2k3

Hi John

Can you assist please. I have a dodgy joystick button which is stopping me assign other buttons because it keeps

populating the assignments box when trying to assign.

In my ini file I have three [Buttons} sections. One is for all aircraft and two are for specific aircraft.

At the top of each section I have put the line "IgnoreThese=PM.7" ,  but this hasn't worked. When I open up

my ini file to check that the lines are still there, the one under the all aircraft list is missing, Is FSUIPC7 deleting this on

startup and is this the problem or is there something in my syntax that is wrong?

I also tried PM,7 as the buttons in the rest of the list are written this way but that didn't work either.

many thanks

Keith

7 minutes ago, Stinger2k3 said:

At the top of each section I have put the line "IgnoreThese=PM.7"

What is PM.7? That is illegal syntax - it should be "j,b" where j is the joystick number and b the button number. It may work with the joystick letter (not sure), but that would be a single letter. Ig it isn't working with a letter, check your FSYUPC7.ini file for the letter/number mapping and use the number.

Also, when editing the FSUIPC7.ini file, make sure the assignments window is open before you edit, and then click the 'Reload all buttons" button once the file is sabed.

John

The P in the assignments line indicates Press - all button assignments are preceded by one of P, H, R or U for the button action (Press, Hold, Repeat, Unpress or release). See the Advanced User guide for the format of button definitions.

8 minutes ago, Stinger2k3 said:

I will try IgnoreThese=M.7

Yes, try that - and if that doesn't work, use the number that M is mapped to.

John

29 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

The P in the assignments line indicates Press - all button assignments are preceded by one of P, H, R or U for the button action (Press, Hold, Repeat, Unpress or release). See the Advanced User guide for the format of button definitions.

Yes, try that - and if that doesn't work, use the number that M is mapped to.

John

Useful info that too, that I should have noticed in the advanced users manual. Thanks.