The simFlight Network Forums

How do I link a client to my Lvars on main pc?

chasbruce

Doors are difficult in MSFS but I have got them working by using the prosim CDU for doors and an Lvars within fsuipc.  I did the following on my main FS PC:

1/ Put this into my fsuipc.ini :-
[LvarOffsets]
1=B738_door_0=UB66C0
2=B738_door_1=UB66C1
3=B738_door_2=UB66C2
4=B738_door_3=UB66C3
5=B738_door_4=UB66C4
6=B738_door_5=UB66C5

2/ Opened the main no 1 door in my CDU

3/ Went into FSUIPC and under add-ons/WASM selected to reload and list LVARS, there I saw a value for the number one door in open position (mine was 199) - I use this value to trigger simsounds on my main pc

On my separate client PC (which has wideclient and a 2nd instance of simsounds) it is not seeing this door position (and therefore not being picked up by my simsounds program which is on that pc).  Is there something I have to enter into wideclient?

(In both instances of simsounds I have the same config for doors as follows)

image.png.22c11b48fd052aa0a60f58bf510aa3ac.png

11 hours ago, chasbruce said:

it appeared that the lvars had just stopped, I went into fsuipc/wasm/reload lvars and all is working, on both main pc and client pc

Lvars don't 'stop' - they are either available or not. Your FSUIPC7.log file would tell you if they were not found when the [LvarOffsets] section was processed.
This can occur with some lvars that are created after the WASM has scanned for lvars (and will be the ones with the higher ids), which occurs 5 seconds (by default)) after your aircraft is loaded and the READY TO FLY button is present. You can increase this delay by using the LvarScanDelay WASM ini parameter (see Advanced User guide for details).

In the next release (7.3.17), the WASM will automatically rescan and push any new lvars out to clients, so this should no longer be an issue. This release is currently available as a beta release if you  would like to try it:

John

You should try listing the lvars when this occurs, to check if those lvars are available or not. Then reload and check again.
Do those ;vars have high ids? 

The log file you posted is useless - it is from a running FSUIPC7 and ends after 41 seconds.

By the way, you posted in the main support forum. There is a specific sub-forum for FSUI{C7 / MSFS issues - I will move this topic to that sub-forum.

John

I just ran a test with the fsuipc beta and it all seemed to work fine.  Many thx!

ou should try listing the lvars when this occurs, to check if those lvars are available or not

Before, when I had this problem, I had to press reload and list lvars and everything worked.  Looks like the beta has solved this to happen automatically

Do those ;vars have high ids? 

Excuse my ignorance, I can't find those ids - attached is part of the list of lvars - the ones I have been talking about are the doors ones "B738_door"

image.png.809a495ad7a41872779a857ba2bc7daf.png

4 hours ago, chasbruce said:

Excuse my ignorance, I can't find those ids - attached is part of the list of lvars - the ones I have been talking about are the doors ones "B738_door"

When you list the lvars, they are also logged to the FSUIPC7.log file in id order, with the id given. The list in the main FSUIPC7 window is in alphabetical order, and the ids are not shown (as not normally needed for most users). Try listing the lvars with the logging console window open (Log -> Open Console...).

Just FYI.