The simFlight Network Forums

Active Sky Offsets

12 hours ago, cellular55 said:

Do you thin k is it possible to put back them in place?

Sure, I can look into this. However, I don't currently have AS for P3Dv6. Do you happen to know what the AS dll file is called for v6? FSUIPC6 currently looks for one of the following AS dlls: as_connect_v5.dllas_connect_64.dll or as_connect_v6.dll.

John

Hi John,

unfortunately some issues with the offsets. 

The offsets 8600 to see if Active Sky is active is OK, but others have problems (for example 8640 and 8641 (precipitation type and rate)) are always 0 even if it is raining.

Thanks and KR

Joe

As I said, I don't have  ASN for P3Dv6 so it is difficult for me to check this. I will take a further look when time permits and let you know, Note however that  I am in holiday in a couple of days, back towards the end of next week, so I won't be looking into this for a couple of weeks.

John

53 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

As I said, I don't have  ASN for P3Dv6 so it is difficult for me to check this. I will take a further look when time permits and let you know, Note however that  I am in holiday in a couple of days, back towards the end of next week, so I won't be looking into this for a couple of weeks.

In the mean-time, could you try the attached dll and show me/attach your FSUIPC6.log file after using it. This will at least tell me if the ASN dll is loaded and if the ASN active function link is set. Thanks,

John

FSUIPC6.dll

Hi John,

that's really strange.

I confirm that in FSUIPC folder I have copied the as_connect.dll coming with ASP 6 and not the dll coming with ASP for P3D v5 (not at all in FSUIPC folder), and for sure I'm running P3D v6.

Should I try to copy it on the networked PC where I have ASP6 and WIDEFS?

KR

Joe

22 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

Should I try to copy it on the networked PC where I have ASP6 and WIDEFS?

No, as the dll is not loaded by WideFS/WideClient.

I am waiting for a license for ASP6 - I will take a look when I have a license, and when I am back from my holidays (end of next week).

John

• 3 weeks later...

I finally managed to get a license for AS6...

On 7/29/2023 at 3:41 PM, cellular55 said:

Visibility (863C - FLT32)  = 0

The visibility offset 0x863C looks ok here - this is what I see when I set custom weather as rain:

637110 Monitor IPC:863C (FLT32) = 168556.5313
   639610 Monitor IPC:863C (FLT32) = 163306.5313
   642141 Monitor IPC:863C (FLT32) = 643.7376

On 8/7/2023 at 10:46 PM, cellular55 said:

Parked at airport with rain Offsets 8640 = 0 - 8641 = 0

I also get no data in these offsets. I have raised this with AS.

On 7/29/2023 at 2:24 PM, cellular55 said:

Looking at their API documentatione  the name of the dll for P3D V6 is as_connect.dll

The documentation is wrong and will be updated - it uses the as_connect_v5.dll, the same one as for P3Dv5. And the dll does not need to be in the FSUIPC installation folder (my mistake), as FSUIPC links to/uses the one running in the FS.

I will check the other data points and let you know if/when I hear anything from HiFi Simulation Technologies. Note however, it is a beta release and it does say: 
     This is a BETA version and it will have bugs, issues and be unfinished.

John

Looking into this further, I noticed this on the AS6 page:

• Advanced radar and precipitation, cloud detection, motion effect, in-cloud visibility reduction and advanced radar API and ASCA cloud structure/texture integration available in legacy (non-volumetric) clouds mode

So I turned off volumetric clouds in the P3D options (moved slider in World->Weather->Volumetric Clouds to off) and can now see the correct values in offsets 0x8640 and 0x8641. Could this be your issue? i.e. try disabling volumetric clouds