The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Software developing from remote PC

grigna

Hi,
by personal choice, on the PC on which FS2020 runs I do not install anything that is not strictly necessary such as FSUIPC7 which I use with a registered license.

I would be interested in developing software with Visual Studio that is already installed on a notebook that I use for that purpose.
The question is the following: If I purchase a license for WideFS7 and register it on FSUIPC7 then run WideClient from the notebook while FS2020 is running on the PC, what do I see on the notebook? With WideClient, does the notebook see FSUIPC7 as if it were running on itself?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, that's how WideFS and WideClient work. You run WideClient on the notebook and any FSUIPC Client software you run (or develop) will see it as FSUIPC and connect.

The only thing I'm not sure about it the new WASM module to read/write LVars, HVars and run calculator code. @John Dowson will be able to tell you if you can use that on the remote PC. This is separate from the normal FSUIPC protocol and so I don't think it is handled by WideFS7.

Paul

If you  are developing using the FSUIPC SDK, then using WideClient will provide the same (server) functionality as FSUIPC. To read/write lvars and hvars, and to use calculator code or presets. you would have to use the offset facilities provided.
If you are using the WAPI (or anything that uses the WAPI, such as Paul's ,Net dll), then this uses SimConnect to talk to the FSUIPC WASM module, not FSUIPC itself, so you would have to configure network access for SimConnect to use these facilities.

Note that you can also run FSUIPC7 in client-mode on a client PC, which will save you having to purchase a WideFS license. To run FSUIPC7 on a client PC, see the appendix in the Advanced User guide.

John

I see that there are many possibilities and I'm getting a little lost.

Given that I don't want to install Visual Studio on the PC where FS2020 runs with FSUIPC7, I would like to understand if, using WideFS7 on the notebook connected to the same LAN, I have the same interface (forgetting WASM for the moment) and/or I can use FSUIPC Client for .NET as if I were developing with Visual Studio installed on the PC where FS2020 runs.
Thanks for your patience. 😀

You can develop am FSUIPC client app without having anything running. WideClient or FSUIPC7. These only come into play if you want to run (or debug) your app. For this, you can use  either WideClient or FSUIPC runnning in client mode..

If you are using the features of the dll client for .Net that use the WAPI/WASM, then you will need to configure simconnect for remote access. In the WAPI itself, this is simply a mater of calling the setSimConfigConnection function to specify the (configure) connection to be used, and the value used would usually be taken from a config file (so that it can easily be changed between remote/local). Presumably the .net client has access to this function, but Paul should confirm.

John