The simFlight Network Forums

PFC RS232 interface and throttle quadrant issues.

peter dobson

I installed FSUIPC7, watched it connect to MSFS2020, and saw that the PFC Cirrus 2 console connected and completely worked with an RS232 to USB adaptor. However, after a couple of flights the Throttles will randomly move back to idle in the simulator despite the PFC throttle positions not being moved. A quick wiggle of the PFC throttles even by a tiny amount restores their correct position in the simulation (for a few minutes) then it happens all over again. I possibly need to set something up in FSUIPC?? Not sure. I learned somewhere that I could disable the default throttles in the PFC window and then set up the throttles through FSUIPC offsets, but I got lost. Any help much apricated. FSUIPC is currently unregistered.

Regards, Peter Dobson.

Are you using the FSUIPC PFC driver (PFCcom64.dll)?

1 hour ago, peter dobson said:

However, after a couple of flights the Throttles will randomly move back to idle in the simulator despite the PFC throttle positions not being moved.

Logging of events and axis controls may give an indication of why this is happening...or the PFC logging option 'log all axis details'.

FSUIPC is currently unregistered.

If you want to try the registered/licensed version of FSUIPC7, I can send you a trial license (see topic pinned to the top of this sub-forum).

Any help much apricated.

What help do you need? Just try it, consult the provided documentation, and check these forums for any similar issues if you have a problem. If you cannot find a solution, post again here and I will try to help. But please be aware that I have never set-up/configured or used any PFC devices...

John

Hi John, Thanks for getting back to me. PFCcom64.dll is present in the FSUIPC7 directory. I have been playing with accessing the FSUIPC7 settings through the system tray. (Not been aware of this before). Tried another flight to generate a log for you, and the flight was perfect no unexpected changes in throttle settings. I don't know what I did whilst playing with the FSUIPC setting. Anyhow I'll keep trying.

On the registration front, I'll buy a license anyway, you guys need supporting for all the work you do. 

Kind Regards, Pete Dobson.

Hi John, I am an idiot, I found the problem, I had forgotten that I had two joysticks plugged into the MSFS. The throttle axis from the second joystick was fighting the setting from the first.

I am very sorry to have troubled you, but really appreciate your support.

Kind regards, Pete Dobson.