The simFlight Network Forums

Fenix not working with TCA throttle

Hello John, I am still struggling with my FENIX and assigning my TCA throttle.

The throttle works fine with Beach Baron or Cabri Heli.

And the throttle works fine when I use the MSFS buildin controller options.

It is not working with FSUIPC7 V 7.4.5

What is going wrong ? What do you need as more information for trouble shooting?

I will prepare a Log File asap.

Btw: it worked some MSFS and Fenix versions earlier !

Try logging axis event and input events, open the logging console and see what is logged when you move the throttle in the VC, and then try that.
If that doesn't work, then you can try using the lvars L:A_FC_THROTTLE_LEFT_INPUT and L:A_FC_THROTTLE_RIGHT_INPUT, which take values 2 = IDLE, 3 = CLB, 4 = FLX, 5 = TO (maybe more if there are more positions?). There are several ways to assign an axis to control lvars, but the easiest way would be ti define your own preset. There are already two presets available for this on the MF HubHop site - FNX320 THROTTLE LEFT LEVER SET and FNX320 THROTTLE RIGHT LEVER SET, but these are for potentiometers with a range of 0-1023. You can define your own preset based on this but adjusted for your axis range (probably -16384 - +16383). I can help further if you want to try this.

Also maybe try the new beta 7.3.6c, available in a post at the top of this forum. This should fix any connection issues that some folks are experiencing recently.

John

Presets are calculator code in RPN format - there is not much information on using calc. code, but see https://docs.flightsimulator.com/flighting/html/Additional_Information/Reverse_Polish_Notation.htm
Also see the documentation on presets in the FSUIPC7 Advanced User guide, in the WASM section (page 48).

This is the calc. code for the throttle preset FNX320 THROTTLE LEFT LEVER SET: 

@ 1023 / 3 * 2 + 2 max 5 min (>L:A_FC_THROTTLE_LEFT_INPUT)

So, define your own preset based on this - add the following to your myevents.txt file (create this if it doesn't exist):

//FenixSim/A320/Controls
MY_FNX320_THROTTLE_LEFT_LEVER_SET#@ 16384 + 32768 / 3 * 2 + 2 max 5 min (>L:A_FC_THROTTLE_LEFT_INPUT)
MY_FNX320_THROTTLE_RIGHT_LEVER_SET#@ 16384 + 32768 / 3 * 2 + 2 max 5 min (>L:A_FC_THROTTLE_RIGHT_INPUT)

and then assign your throttle axis to those 2 presets. This should then control the throttle between 2 = IDLE, 3 = CLB, 4 = FLX, 5 = TO

Hello John, I tried to use your advises but the fenix throttle doesn't move proper.

When I use your preset "MY_FNX320_THROTTLE_LEFT_LEVER_SET" the throttle moves a litttle in a small range. Not acceptable.

grafik.png.aeed28de08d33b11f3b6a80ce2a778fc.png

Therefore I must know the syntax of  "@ 16384 + 32768 / 3 * 2 + 2 max 5 min (>L:A_FC_THROTTLE_LEFT_INPUT)"

What is the meaning of the numbers "16384 + 32768 / 3 * 2 + 2",    I know its RPN, but I do not understand.

I read all your proposed documents: RPN, FSUIPC user guide , for advanced users, MF HubHop and I didn't find the syntax of the calculator code.

So I tried to use SPAD.neXt . And now, surprisingly, I used the SPAD.NeXt tool with the configured assignment :  AND IT WORKS !

The fenix throttles move correctly !

Here the screenshots of SPAD.NeXt tool :

grafik.png.9b7f0f78b0cf169be86e9aaf18581e04.png

and here the used Simconnect control :

grafik.thumb.png.1cc5af024eac25e29d7b12bde7d2e3c1.png

How can I use this SIMCONNECT function in FSUIPC7 ?

Thanks again for your continous help

2 minutes ago, Alhard Horstmann said:

Therefore I must know the syntax of  "@ 16384 + 32768 / 3 * 2 + 2 max 5 min (>L:A_FC_THROTTLE_LEFT_INPUT)"

What is the meaning of the numbers "16384 + 32768 / 3 * 2 + 2",    I know its RPN, but I do not understand.

'@' is the input value from your axis - this should be between -16384 and + 16383, if not you need to adjust the preset. Then, from left  to tight
     16384 + will add 16384 to the axis value, giving a range of 0 - 32768
     32768 / will then divide by 32768, giving a value between 0 and 1
     3 *  
will then multiply by 3, giving a value between 0 and 3
      2 + will then add 2, giving a value between 2 and 5
     2 max 5 min will ensure the value is between 2 and 5.

8 minutes ago, Alhard Horstmann said:

How can I use this SIMCONNECT function in FSUIPC7 ?

You can assign to any FS axes control, including Throttle1 Axis Set Ex1, by checking Send to FS as normal axis. It is a good idea to also make your calibration profile specific and remove/reset any throttle calibration when assigning this way, to remove any possibility that your standard/general calibration profile interferes. If that axis control works, you should certainly use that rather than lvars or presets.

Hello and SUCCESS,

I was so stupid to use axes control in old fashioned mode:. "Send direct to  FSUIPC Calibration" (before my PRESET experiments) ...

grafik.png.e0cb90b38708e436e00712547dcc88a5.png   ... and selecting Throttle1   🥺

Now after doing it with your advise, the Fenix Throttles were working properly ...

grafik.png.354acba2141236c693690573cfd46598.png   ... and disabling the Calibration  😃

Now I can continue configuring my Fenix A320

All worked fine before all the Updates of MSFS and Fenix one year ago.

BTW I installed now the Version 7.4.6

Thanks again John,

take care and greetings to Pete

1 minute ago, Alhard Horstmann said:

I was so stupid to use axes control in old fashioned mode:. "Send direct to  FSUIPC Calibration" (before my PRESET experiments) ...

That is not the 'old fashioned mode' - it is still valid and the recommended way to assign an axes for most aircraft axes controls. However, you cannot use this method for aircraft that use the the newer *_EX1 controls, and some advanced add-ons don't play well with FSUIPC calibration when configured this way (e.g. flaps in the PMDG 737).

Anyway, glad its all now working.

Cheers,

John