The simFlight Network Forums

A320 Fenix Tiller Pedals Disconnect function not working properly

737Andi

Hi,

I would like to assign the Tiller Pedals Disconnect function to my hardware button.
Unfortunately, it is not working decently with the following setting (please see also attached image).

17=RH,14,CPFNX320_Misc_Tiller_Pedal_Disconnect_Captain_Press,1     -{Preset Control}-
18=UH,14,CPFNX320_Misc_Tiller_Pedal_Disconnect_Captain_Release,1     -{Preset Control}-

About 50% of the time it is working fine, but the rest of the time the button gets stuck in the pressed position after release.
So the release command does not always seem to work.

I suppose that this could be solved by either setting a delay between the press command and the following release command or by initiating the release command 2 or more times at the end.

Hopefully someone has a solution here.

Thank you!

Best regards Andi

20240214_175516_resized.jpg

Are you assigning to a button or a switch? i.e. are you sending a press/release each time, or sending a press to disconnect and a release to re-connect?
I ask as looking at those preset definitions, they look like they are defined for a momentary button that sends a press followed by a release, as the press toggles an lvar then sets an lvar for animation:

(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT) ! (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT) 1 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim)

and the release just triggers an lvar for animation:

(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT) 0 == if{ 0 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim) } (L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT) 1 == if{ 2 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim) }

So, the way these work is that a press/release will disconnect, then another press/release will reconnect. If using a switch, then you should define new presets that toggle the lvar and do the animation for both a press and release. This same issue was recently reported on other Fenix A320 presets and I showed how to define new presets for use on switches - see here: 

You have also assigned with 'Control to repeat while held', which is not needed and can cause issues - remove this.

These presets also do not take a parameter - remove those (i.e. use 0) to avoid any confusion (but the parameter is not used, so you can leave as long as you understand this).

John

Hi John,

thanks for your reply. I'm using the hardware tiller from Skalarki, which has a push button for the pedals disc.

My intention would be to have the pedals disconnected as long as the button is being pressed down and to reconnect them as soon as I release the button.

I think this is the way as it works in the real plane.

When releasing the button on the hardware the software button on the Fenix A320 sometimes stays in.

Any idea how to realize that? Thank you!

Best regards Andi

4 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

thanks for your reply. I'm using the hardware tiller from Skalarki, which has a push button for the pedals disc.

My intention would be to have the pedals disconnected as long as the button is being pressed down and to reconnect them as soon as I release the button.

I think this is the way as it works in the real plane.

When releasing the button on the hardware the software button on the Fenix A320 sometimes stays in.

As I said, those presets are designed for a press/release to disconnect, and then another press/release to connect. If you want a press to disconnect, and a release to re-connect, then you have to define your own presets to do this.

Ret adding the following to your myevents.txt file (create this if no present) and assign to these:

FNX320_Misc_Tiller_Pedal_Disconnect_Captain_On#1 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT) 1 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim) 2 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim)
FNX320_Misc_Tiller_Pedal_Disconnect_Captain_Off#0 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT) 1 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim) 0 (>L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim)

John

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Alhard Horstmann said:

And how can I assign the axis to my tiller axis?

Have you tried assigned using the Steering Tiller axis (with Send direct to FSUIPC calibration) or Steering Set / Axis Steering Set (with Send to FS as normal axis)?

Otherwise, there are two potentiometer Presets for the Fenix A320 steering tiller: FNX320 Misc Tiller Capt Steering Set and FNX320 Misc Tiller FO Steering Set (see https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/). As these are Input (potentiometer)  presets, they will not appear in the MF  events.txt file. However, you can copy the preset definitions and add them to your myevents.txt file and then assign to them directly. You probably need to calibrate the preset for your axis values - most MF presets assume a potentiometer range of 0 - 1024, rather than a standard axis range of -16384 to + 16383, so you need to change the calibration of the axis input value (represented by @ in the preset definitions) to work on a standard axis range. I can help with this if not familiar with RPN.

Looking at those presets, they seem to use AXIS_STEERING_SET to control the tiller, but also lvars L:N_FC_CAPT_TILLER or L:N_FC_FO_TILLER, probably to control the visuals, so looks like a preset is needed rather than simple direct assignments to the axis control.

John 

13 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

You probably need to calibrate the preset for your axis values - most MF presets assume a potentiometer range of 0 - 1024, rather than a standard axis range of -16384 to + 16383, so you need to change the calibration of the axis input value (represented by @ in the preset definitions) to work on a standard axis range. I can help with this if not familiar with RPN.

Try these presets (add to your myevents.txt file):

//FenixSim/A320/Gear
FNX320_Misc_Tiller_Capt_Steering_Set#@ 218.45 / -75 max 75 min (>L:N_FC_CAPT_TILLER) @  (>K:AXIS_STEERING_SET)
FNX320_Misc_Tiller_FO_Steering_Set#@ 218.45 / -75 max 75 min (>L:N_FC_FO_TILLER) @ (>K:AXIS_STEERING_SET) 

Dividing your axis value by 218.45 should change the range from -16384 to +16283 to -75 to +75 which looks to be the range for the lvar.

John