The simFlight Network Forums

Lost Connection with Sim

danewatson

Since this version I have noticed a problem I did not have before.  I have been using the same Lua file for a very long time to control radios, etc. and I notice that if I change planes by going back to MSFS World Map and load up a different plane FSUIPC7 looses connection to MSFS and my Lua script does not function, so I exit FSUIPC7 and reload it and all is OK.

On 3/9/2024 at 8:14 AM, danewatson said:

and I notice that if I change planes by going back to MSFS World Map and load up a different plane FSUIPC7 looses connection to MSFS and my Lua script does not function,

When you go back to the world map, the lua script should be killed. I am not sure what you mean by 'looses connection'. Can you please show me/attach your FSUIPC7.log file showing this issue, and also attach your FSUIPC7.ini file and the lua script and I will take a look.

John

Thank you John.  I will try to explain a bit better, actually when I load MSFS I always use the FSUIPC7 .bat file that you provide named MSFS.  Prior to this last FSUIPC7 update I never had an issue, but now when MSFS loads as well as FSUIPC7, when I go to use some keyboard commands for my Lua script nothing works.

So I always have to exit FSUIPC7 and restart it - then everything is perfect.

Attached are my ini and lua files

FSUIPC7.ini NpCforMSFS2020.lua

25 minutes ago, danewatson said:

Thank you John.  I will try to explain a bit better, actually when I load MSFS I always use the FSUIPC7 .bat file that you provide named MSFS.  Prior to this last FSUIPC7 update I never had an issue, but now when MSFS loads as well as FSUIPC7, when I go to use some keyboard commands for my Lua script nothing works.

Ah, ok - this issue has already been reported and I am investigating under this topic: 

The problem seems to be that FSUIPC7 is not receiving key presses/releases when auto-started - for some people, its fine here! I am investigating and will update when I have found anything.

John