The simFlight Network Forums

New FSUIPC update kills SimConnect

Fiorentoni

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

look at your log to determine what the optimal value is for your system and use that,

With all respect, and I understand you are trying to troubleshoot, but that's not what a user should do. I suggest completely reverting those changes that lead to this new behaviour. You could have easily pushed an update in the meantime that reverts to the previous version for the time being. There are lots and lots of posts in various places (AVSIM, Discord, MSFS forum) that have no idea why suddenly nothing works anymore for them. Not all of them will come here.

I could just forget the edits and wait for MSFS to fully load.

Then start FSUIPC, correct?

That way I would never have to be running startup timing tests on my two PC's.

I am glad I found this post after several hours of troubleshooting with the Simconnect error.

I don't understand the reluctance to post an updated version?   There were issues in January with v7.4.3 which nerfed a lot of ACARS software used by VA's so a precedent has been set.

Thank you.

Edited by lionwing

1 hour ago, von said:

I could just forget the edits and wait for MSFS to fully load.

Then start FSUIPC, correct?

That way I would never have to be running startup timing tests on my two PC's.

Easy enough to try I would think. Based on your log post above, it took 100 sec for FSUIPC7 to connect to SimConnect after you manually started FSUIPC7. For that particular test did you wait until MSFS had fully loaded (whatever fully loaded means) before manually starting FSUIPC7? Seems like you could run some experiments to see at what point starting FSUIPC7 manually works reliably for your setup.

If FSUIPC7 doesn't connect to SimConnect, manually exit FSUIPC7 and then after 5 or 10 seconds simply manually restart it again. That has worked for me in the past.

However, I still think using the FSUIPC7.ini parameters as John has outlined above is the best long term solution. That approach has been working reliably for me.

Al

33 minutes ago, ark1320 said:

Easy enough to try I would think. Based on your log post above, it took 100 sec for FSUIPC7 to connect to SimConnect after you manually started FSUIPC7. For that particular test did you wait until MSFS had fully loaded (whatever fully loaded means) before manually starting FSUIPC7? Seems like you could run some experiments to see at what point starting FSUIPC7 manually works reliably for your setup.

Al

For my first test as I previously mentioned:

I just downloaded and installed FSUIPC7, Version 7.4.10 

No edits to the ini file.

Started FSUIPC (I do not use the FSUIPC’s Batch to auto start MSFS).
Started MSFS.
Took 140 seconds to get to the Welcome / aircraft selection screen.
Selected PMDG 737-600 at KDTW.
Took 90 seconds to load the flight.
Looks good.
Exited MSFS.

Posted the simconnect lines in the LOG.

Note : Next test with the edit in the ini file no problems in the Log.

For my last test with Version 7.4.10 I rebooted the PC.

Removed the edit from the ini file (back to default version 10 ini now).

Started MSFS.

Waited for it to load to the Welcome / aircraft selection screen

Then started FSUIPC.

Selected my aircraft.

Exited MSFS.

No problem in the Log.

So, looks like the quick solution without FSUIPC edits is to just start FSUIPC after MSFS loads.

17 minutes ago, Doc_Z said:

Do you use GSX Pro? Any problems with the FSUIPC update?

No, I quit using GSX few years ago.

However, I do have PMDG for the test.

Have you tried removing the FSUIPC edit then waiting until MSFS has fully loaded 
(not at e.g. the Dunes screen) to the Welcome / aircraft selection screen before 
starting FSUIPC?

7 minutes ago, Doc_Z said:

No, things are working with the addition to the .ini.  Still wondering about GSX.  Others have said the update affect it and their forum pointed me at it. 

Right.

I was wondering in your case you may be starting FSUIPC automatically with MSFS?

So I would further ask :

Can you try removing the FSUIPC edit then waiting until MSFS has fully loaded 
(not at e.g. the Dunes screen) to the Welcome / aircraft selection screen before 
starting FSUIPC to see if GSX (and other things) still have a problem 
or are working properly?

20 minutes ago, Doc_Z said:

Quick question, where can I find out if FSUIPC is running?  It doesn't show in Task Manager.

Desktop, lower right corner, show hidden icons.

Task Manager, left side, select Details and FSUIPC will be in the list if it is running (screenshot).

Note:
If you use the FSUIPC Batch file to start FSUIPC/MSFS then you need to disable (not use that) so you can choose when to start FSUIPC.

fsuipc-running.JPG

After disabling FSUIPC, sim started normally.  Fenix and FSLTL worked fine. GSX stayed a load screen. Started FSUIPC manually.  No changes.  Not sure what the problem is with GSX,

15 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

I've attached log. 

This log file shows that you are using a very old (and unsupported) version of FSUIPC7 (7.4.5). Please update to the latest and only supported version, 7.4.11. And please configure the DetectToConnectDelayAuto ini parameter as explained here now several times (I will also create a FAQ topic on how to do this).

46 minutes ago, Watsi said:

do we still need the ini file additions with the new version 7.4.11? Or should we remove them?

You should set the DetectToConnectDelayAuto ii parameter to an appropriate value for your system. You shouldn't need to set/change the InitialStallTime - this has now been set to a minimum of 15 (seconds) when FSUIPC7 is auto-started, which should be plenty of time if the DetectToConnectDelayAuto parameter is configured correctly, but you can also adjust/increase this if your log indicates that FSUIPC7 is re-connecting a few times during start-up.

John

• Like 1

See 

I now consider this topic closed.

If anyone is still having issues, please create a new topic and describe your issue there and attach your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files. Make sure that you are using the latest available version (currently 7.4.11) and that you have configured the DetectToConnectDelayAuto and/or DetectToConnectDelay properties correctly for your system, as shown in that topic I referenced above.

John

• John Dowson locked, unlocked and locked this topic