The simFlight Network Forums

New FSUIPC update kills SimConnect

Fiorentoni

After installing the latest update today GSX and the Fenix app wouldn't connect anymore. After quitting FSUIPC it works again.
Reinstalling did not help.

However, what did help was reinstalling the previous version. So definitely something up with the current version.

Edited by Fiorentoni

1 hour ago, BeetleCoyote331 said:

I think the same has happened to me, neither PMDG 737 or Fenix A320 works properly now. Any possibility to get a hold of an earlier version?

See if you still got the zip from the last version in your downloads folder (or recycle bin). It's from the 16th of march.

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

After installing the latest update today GSX and the Fenix app wouldn't connect anymore. After quitting FSUIPC it works again.
Reinstalling did not help.

However, what did help was reinstalling the previous version. So definitely something up with the current version.

Thanks for reporting- Unfortunetly I deleted the previous version. If possible for you to share the intall file, that would be nice. Thanks in advance.

100% same issue here.  Been working on it all afternoon.  Sure would help if someone had the previous version for those of us stuck.  Also just purchased some wideserver crap for another 25 bucks in hopes to fix from simmarket---all useless thus far

For those experiencing this issue, can you please show me/attach your FSUIPC7.log file and let me know if you are using a Steam or MS Store installed version of MSFS2020. Can you also try exiting FSUIPC7 if you are on the main menu of MSFS2020 and FSUIPC7 still hasn't connected, and restart it manually to soo if it then connects.

John

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

For those experiencing this issue, can you please show me/attach your FSUIPC7.log file and let me know if you are using a Steam or MS Store installed version of MSFS2020. Can you also try exiting FSUIPC7 if you are on the main menu of MSFS2020 and FSUIPC7 still hasn't connected, and restart it manually to soo if it then connects.

John

I don't have the log anymore, since I resinstalled the previous version.
I'm using Steam version of MSFS.
I can't test anymore now (because I've got the previous version installed by now), but I tried yesterday to quit FSUIPC and restart manually and it didn't work. However this was in the loaded flight, not in the main menu.

I had same issue, using Store version of MSFS. I toggled backing off to version 7.4.9 and then back to 7.4.10, and the problem would return each time I reinstated 7.4.10. I will recreate the issue under 7.4.10 and send the FSUIPC7.log.   Revised: In my case, under 7.4.10, the GSX COUATL module initializes and the GSX Main Menu hangs indefinitely. Simconnect never connects. I waited several minutes after aircraft loaded and was unable to power on aircraft even after killing COUATL. 

Exiting Simulator and collecting log.

Attaching v7.4.10 FSUIPC7.log. 

FSUIPC7.log

Test #2 - 

I started MSFS with 7.4.10 and have same simconnect issue - unable to power on aircraft.  I terminated FSUIPC7 7.4.10 and restarted FSUIPC7 7.4.10.  Aircraft still non functional. I then exited to MSFS 2020 Main Menu and created the flight again from the menu. This time all is functional with the aircraft. 

I am attaching the FSUIPC7.log from this latest test:

FSUIPC7.log

Edited by Michael DelFranco

I am also experiencing this problem, most cockpits with MFD's are dead and unable to start (eg Flybywire,PMDG) steam gauges like default Cessna 208 appear to work, it doesn't matter if i start on the pan or on the runway, my plane is dead, also  my connection to JoinFS-FS2020 is also dead so I assume that is also a simconnect problem.

I have the MSFS2020 store version.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer,

Guy.

FSUIPC7.log

I have only seen one log file for this issue, but that log file indicates that the call to open the simconnect connection is not returning/completing in the required time-limit (5 seconds), and so it is continually re-connecting to try and obtain a connection. Can those experiencing this issue please try the attached version, and add the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    DetectToConnectDelayAuto=300
    InitialStallTime=30

If you still see lots of messages in the log like this one:

153547 **** SimConnect open event not received in required time limit: Re-connecting now...

then increase the DetectToConnectDelayAuto parameter until these disappear. Please show me/attach log files if this works or not.

@GNeild Thanks for the log file - please try the attached and use the following (i.e. add to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file):
    DetectToConnectDelayAuto=190
    InitialStallTime=10

John

FSUIPC7.exe

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GNeild said:

Very sorry John, I am being a bit stupid, I have opened my FSUIPC7.ini with note pad and cannot see DetectToConnectDelayAuto or InitialStallTime

Sorry,

Guy.

Would it help if I attached my .ini file?

10 minutes ago, GNeild said:

Very sorry John, I am being a bit stupid, I have opened my FSUIPC7.ini with note pad and cannot see DetectToConnectDelayAuto or InitialStallTime

Sorry,

Guy.

You need to create those two lines yourself (just copy paste from here), just add it to the [General] section

6 minutes ago, pilotguy27 said:

Killing FSUIPC7 and restarting it solves the Simconnect issue for me.....hope there is an update soon....

Please read this thread, try the updated version posted above and tune the ini parameters mentioned above.

This issue seems to be due to the slow start-up process of MSFS. The defaults are tuned for systems that take around a minute between starting MSFS and it getting to the main menu state, If you have a lot of add-ons and your system takes longer than this then increase the DetectToConnectDelayAuto parameter as well as the InitialStallTime parameter.

• Like 1

Thank you John, i can confirm that the added lines and the new .exe has fixed the problem for me (and hopefully for others) tested with Flbywire and PMDG 737 both on the pan using ready to fly and on the runway that always give me a ready to fly aircraft.

Thank you for your prompt reply and fix.

Regards, Guy.

• Like 1

Glad I stopped here on this forum. I updated to the latest version of FSUIPC7 and now when loading my PMDG 737s it takes a very very long time to load, I'm talking about waiting like 10 minutes or even 15 minutes to load. And I know that when PMDG has updates it can take that long, however there are no updates this time and all my plans are updated. And when It did load one time it hung on the get ready screen and I had to Alt Cont Del and close flightsim.

II don't have my older version of FSUIPC7

5 minutes ago, BillA said:

I updated to the latest version of FSUIPC7 and now when loading my PMDG 737s it takes a very very long time to load, I'm talking about waiting like 10 minutes or even 15 minutes to load.

FSUIPC7 has no effect on the loading times of aircraft...
And what loading time are you referring to? The time it takes from starting MSFS2020 until it gets to  the main menu, or the time it takes from aircraft/route selection in the World Map until the aircraft is loaded and ready-to-fly?

If you are having connection issues with FSUIPC7, please attach your GSYUPC7.log file. Also try the 7.4.11a beta version posted above and try configuring those recommended ini parameters.

13 minutes ago, Michael DelFranco said:

I just successfully tested with the FSUIPC7 v7.4.11A provided above, with recommended ini settings added . 

Your log shows it connected ok but you still had a few failed connection attempts. and you should use:
    DetectToConnectDelayAuto=220

i.e. a delay of  220 seconds rather than 190. This is based on the following:

4078 Simulator detected
   194094 Trying to connect...
   204094 **** SimConnect open event not received in required time limit: Re-connecting now...
   204094 Trying to connect...
   214094 **** SimConnect open event not received in required time limit: Re-connecting now...
   214094 Trying to connect...
   224109 **** SimConnect open event not received in required time limit: Re-connecting now...
   224109 Trying to connect...
   224172 SimConnect_Open succeeded
   224172 Running in "KittyHawk", Version: 11.0.282174.999 (SimConnect: 11.0.62651.3)

which shows that the connection was established roughly 220 seconds (224172 - 4078 = 220094ms or approx 220 seconds) after the FS was detected.

John

Hace 2 horas, John Dowson dijo:

Solo he visto un archivo de registro para este problema, pero ese archivo de registro indica que la llamada para abrir la conexión simconnect no regresa/completa en el límite de tiempo requerido (5 segundos), por lo que se vuelve a conectar continuamente para intentarlo. y obtener una conexión. Aquellos que experimenten este problema, ¿pueden probar la versión adjunta y agregar lo siguiente a la sección [General] de su archivo FSUIPC7.ini ?
    DetectToConnectDelayAuto=300
    InitialStallTime=30

Si aún ve muchos mensajes en el registro como este:

luego aumente el  parámetro DetectToConnectDelayAuto hasta que desaparezcan. Muéstreme/adjunte archivos de registro si esto funciona o no.

@GNeild Gracias por el archivo de registro. Pruebe el archivo adjunto y utilice lo siguiente (es decir, agréguelo a la sección [General] de su archivo FSUIPC7.ini 😞
    DetectToConnectDelayAuto=190
    InitialStallTime=10

John

FSUIPC7.exe663 kB · 4 descargas

Unfortunetly, FSLTL ai traffic do not load any traffic. It appears to be connected to MSFS but no air traffic.

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

FSUIPC7 has no effect on the loading times of aircraft...
And what loading time are you referring to? The time it takes from starting MSFS2020 until it gets to  the main menu, or the time it takes from aircraft/route selection in the World Map until the aircraft is loaded and ready-to-fly?

If you are having connection issues with FSUIPC7, please attach your GSYUPC7.log file. Also try the 7.4.11a beta version posted above and try configuring those recommended ini parameters.

Your log shows it connected ok but you still had a few failed connection attempts. and you should use:
    DetectToConnectDelayAuto=220

i.e. a delay of  220 seconds rather than 190. This is based on the following:

which shows that the connection was established roughly 220 seconds (224172 - 4078 = 220094ms or approx 220 seconds) after the FS was detected.

John

Thanks for the advice. Will do.

For me it's the time it takes from aircraft/route selection in the World Map until the aircraft is loaded and ready-to-fly that's taking so long I have to close the sim. Was working fine, then updated FSUIPC. Loaded the sim and the issue started. 

Did a test. Disabled FSUIPC7, The 737s loaded up like normal. Re-enabled FSUIPC, with the latest version, and the problem came back

Thanks 

Bill