The simFlight Network Forums

Honeycomb Bravo issues

Good afternoon,

I got the Honeycob Bravo throttle quadrant a few days ago, but I have issues with all addon aircraft. Before with the Saitek Throttle quadrant everything worked fine, but now I have all kind of issues.

Justflight BAE 146:

The throttles only work fot the top half. When I move the throttles they use the whole slider on the Bravo, but in the sim only the top half is controlled (the whole slider controls 50-100%).

Asobo ATR:

The thrust reverse works, but nothing else. Flaps, Throttles, and condition levers don't work. To get the condition lever from fuel shutoff to feather, the feather switch assignment is used. What can I use for that in the FSUIPC button controls?

PMDG 737:

Everything works, except the thrust reverse. The reversers will always engage (when use throttle 1/2 decr), but not always disengage when released (using throttle 1/2 cut). Sometimes they will disengage, sometimes they don't.

Aerosoft CRJ:

The CRJ doesn't like the FSUIPC throttle axis controls for some reason, so I have to use the sim for that. With the Saitek I used "send directly to FS". That doesn't work anymore with the Bravo.

Fenix A320:

Throttles and reversers don't work. Reversers are engaged via throttle 1/2 decr and disengaged via throttle 1/2 cut in the FSUIPC settings.

I got different issues with each aircraft since switching from the Saitek throttle quadrant to the honeycomb Bravo. Is this a FSUIPC thing?

47 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

I got different issues with each aircraft since switching from the Saitek throttle quadrant to the honeycomb Bravo. Is this a FSUIPC thing?

This is not a 'FSUIPC thing'...

An axis is just an axis, it depends how it is configured. Configuring an axis for throttle on the Bravo is EXACTLY the same as configuring an axis on a saitek device. There is no difference as far as FSUIPC is concerned, it is just another axis on a controller. So it all depends on how it is configured.

Did you re-configure you assignments for the Bravo? Did you disable the bravo in MSFS, or at least remove the default assignments?

52 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

Aerosoft CRJ:

The CRJ doesn't like the FSUIPC throttle axis controls for some reason, so I have to use the sim for that. With the Saitek I used "send directly to FS". That doesn't work anymore with the Bravo.

You are assigning to the wrong controls. For the CRJ, you need to assign to the _EX1 controls (i.e. THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1 & THROTTLE2_AXIS_SET_EX1, or THROTTLE_AXIS_SET_EX1).
If your throttle was working on your saitek controller, then you must have been using this axis control.

For each aircraft. you need to check how your axes were assigned with the Saitek and then redo your assignments with the bravo. I don't understand how you would expect it to work without doing this. Please do this.,

Any further issues, please at least attach your FSUIPC7.ini file so that I can see your assignments.

John

35 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Did you re-configure you assignments for the Bravo? Did you disable the bravo in MSFS, or at least remove the default assignments?

Yes, I made a new profile and left that empty

35 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

You are assigning to the wrong controls. For the CRJ, you need to assign to the _EX1 controls (i.e. THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1 & THROTTLE2_AXIS_SET_EX1, or THROTTLE_AXIS_SET_EX1).
If your throttle was working on your saitek controller, then you must have been using this axis control.

That's my bad, I thought I selected this one. Is there a way to reverse this axis as the Bravo axis is apperently reversed (but of course that's not done by FSUIPC)

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

For each aircraft. you need to check how your axes were assigned with the Saitek and then redo your assignments with the bravo. I don't understand how you would expect it to work without doing this. Please do this.,

Having multiple throttle levers now, I assigned each lever to its own engine in the sim instead of all engines on one lever. When I assigned all engines to one lever (as it was with the Saitek) things didn't change unfortunately.

I attached the ini file (forgot about that, sorry). Thanks for your help!

FSUIPC7.ini

Just now, voltigeurramon said:

That's my bad, I thought I selected this one. Is there a way to reverse this axis as the Bravo axis is apperently reversed (but of course that's not done by FSUIPC)

You can reverse in the calibration page.

1 minute ago, voltigeurramon said:

I attached the ini file (forgot about that, sorry). Thanks for your help!

But what am I looking at? You have reported so many issues.

Lets do one issue at a time please. Load an aircraft you are having issues with. Activate appropriate logging for your issue (i.e. if it is with an axis, activate logging for an axis). Then reproduce your issue, exit FSUIPC7 and then attach both your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files and I will take a look.

Note that you have no general assignments and you are not using substrings for your profiles. Therefore if you load an aircraft that does not exactly match a profile entry, you will have no assignments in FSUIPC7.

Revise your profile strings - they all look a bit strange. For example, change this:

[Profile.BAE 146]
1=Just Flight 146-200 WAT
2=Just Flight 146-100 WAT
3=Just Flight 146-300 WAT

to this:

[Profile.BAE 146]
1=Just Flight 146

and this:

[Profile.B737]
1=PMDG 737-700 WAT-BW
2=PMDG 737-800 WAT-BW

to this:

[Profile.B737]
1=PMDG 737

etc. Do this for all your profile aircraft, i.e. use substrings to match all variants.

You may as well aslo remove these entries if you no longer use these devices:

[JoyNames]
B=Flight Throttle Quadrant
B.GUID={C8C09580-948F-11EA-8001-444553540000}
E=Logitech G HUB G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB
E.GUID={A3B6B5D0-539B-11ED-8006-444553540000}

John

18 hours ago, John Dowson said:

You can reverse in the calibration page.

In FSUIPC or the aircraft throttle calibration? I can't find it in FSUIPC (also not in the manual) and after throttle calibration I get errors because of overlap.

18 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Revise your profile strings - they all look a bit strange.

Thanks for this, I just assigned the profile to all liveries

I couldn't upload the ini and log files due to their file size, so here's a Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jeCfnSOhpHjCqtYYZggNuc8HX37jVXHh?usp=sharing

I also assigned the FS axis in FSUIPC instead of FSUIPC calibration. That did solve most of the problem, except it's reversed (as I said above, couldn't find the option to reverse that).

Again, thanks for your time and help

11 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

In FSUIPC or the aircraft throttle calibration?

In FSUIPC...

12 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

I can't find it in FSUIPC (also not in the manual)

It certainly is - see, for example, the image on page  36 of the User guide - notice the Rev checkbox. This is for reversing an axis, and will be in each calibration panel for axes that can be reversed.

17 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

I get errors because of overlap.

No idea what this means, sorry...

17 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

I couldn't upload the ini and log files due to their file size,

zip/compress them if too large to attach directly. Your upload limit will increase the more you post.

18 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

I also assigned the FS axis in FSUIPC instead of FSUIPC calibration. That did solve most of the problem, except it's reversed (as I said above, couldn't find the option to reverse that).

It is usually much better to assign with Send direct to FSUIPC calibration and calibrate, and assign using Send to FS as normal axis only if the aircraft is having issues with FSUIPC calibration.  If you assign using Send to FS as normal axis then this will also be calibrated in FSUIPC, but AFTER values have been sent to the FS and received back, which can also create issues with certain aircraft. If assigning in this way and you do not want FSUIPC to calibrate, then you must create a profile-specific calibration section (or else the general calibration section will be used) and disable any calibration settings you have there (i.e. click Reset in each of the calibration tabs).

I am not going to look at your files yet - I have no idea what I am looking for!

As I said, lets do one aircraft/issue at a time. If I can show you how to do that, it may become clear to you. So please let me know what aircraft you are using, what issue you are having, and show me/attach your ini and log files for this.

I don't understand the issues you are having - if you had everything working with the saitek controller, it should be relatively straightforward to switch to using the Bravo.

John

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

In FSUIPC...

It certainly is - see, for example, the image on page  36 of the User guide - notice the Rev checkbox. This is for reversing an axis, and will be in each calibration panel for axes that can be reversed.

Does that also work for axis send directly to FS? I clicked that and nothing happened. I have it set up like this now: https://prnt.sc/IUQy0cwPWOmPhttps://prnt.sc/1ALF7RYX2Pvz and https://prnt.sc/GgQk8hRiZY9f

No idea what this means, sorry...

I was talking about reversing it by changing the throttle calibration in the sim. default calibration: https://prnt.sc/eUKjN9EjXmXv. Switched around: https://prnt.sc/ECzfivU17TRP. Errors I'm getting: https://prnt.sc/tum7yaJ0pkKq.

zip/compress them if too large to attach directly. Your upload limit will increase the more you post.

I have 6.48 kB max total size. Zipped it's 62.4 KB

It is usually much better to assign with Send direct to FSUIPC calibration and calibrate, and assign using Send to FS as normal axis only if the aircraft is having issues with FSUIPC calibration.  If you assign using Send to FS as normal axis then this will also be calibrated in FSUIPC, but AFTER values have been sent to the FS and received back, which can also create issues with certain aircraft. If assigning in this way and you do not want FSUIPC to calibrate, then you must create a profile-specific calibration section (or else the general calibration section will be used) and disable any calibration settings you have there (i.e. click Reset in each of the calibration tabs).

When using the Saitwk, I only used the "send directly to FS" with the AS CRJ. I tried (and want) to do that with the Bravo as well.

I don't understand the issues you are having - if you had everything working with the saitek controller, it should be relatively straightforward to switch to using the Bravo.

First thing I thought as well. It's just switching from one controller to the other

As I said, lets do one aircraft/issue at a time. If I can show you how to do that, it may become clear to you. So please let me know what aircraft you are using, what issue you are having, and show me/attach your ini and log files for this.

I'm using all the aircraft I listed in the first post (PMDG B737 and B738, Just Flight BAe 146, Asobo ATR, Aerosoft CRJ and Fenix A320). If it's easier to do one by one, then let's start with the BAe 146. I can only use 50-100% of throttle, using 0-100% of the hardware slider. I did notice in the FSUIPC calibration that "in" was between -16384 and 16838, but "out" was between 0 and 16838. I don't have any filters set AFAIK. If you want to, I can also video what's happening?

Ramon

edit: yes, explain or show what you need please. I thought I sent you everything you need when I sent the files of all aircraft earlier.

Edited by voltigeurramon

14 hours ago, voltigeurramon said:

Does that also work for axis send directly to FS?

Yes

I clicked that and nothing happened. I have it set up like this now: https://prnt.sc/IUQy0cwPWOmPhttps://prnt.sc/1ALF7RYX2Pvz and https://prnt.sc/GgQk8hRiZY9f

That looks ok and should work, so I don't know why it isn't. Just checked that here and it reverses the axis here. In the calibration page, do you see the in/out values move when you move the throttle lever (you need to have the aircraft loaded and ready-to-fly)? You should see the difference in the in/out values between when the rev box is checked and when not.
You can also reverse an axis using an axis scaling value of -1 - this is described on page 41 of the Advanced User guide, section Additional parameters to scale input axis values.

I was talking about reversing it by changing the throttle calibration in the sim. default calibration: https://prnt.sc/eUKjN9EjXmXv. Switched around: https://prnt.sc/ECzfivU17TRP. Errors I'm getting: https://prnt.sc/tum7yaJ0pkKq.

You are confusing reversing the axis with reversers ON an axis - they are two different things. You have also calibrated in the sim/EFB with a reverser axis, but have calibrated in FSUIPC7 with no reverse zone. This will invariably cause issues. If you are using a reverser axis, you need to uncheck the No reverse zone checkbox in the FSUIPC7 calibration page and then calibrate with a reverser axis. Othewise, you need to switch the calibration on the EFB to 'Throttle hardware has no reverser axis'.

When using the Saitwk, I only used the "send directly to FS" with the AS CRJ. I tried (and want) to do that with the Bravo as well.

As the CRJ uses the *_EX1 controls for throttle, you have to use Send to FS as normal axis. You cannot use these axes controls with Send direct to FSUIPC calibration, as doing that would use the standard axes controls which do not work in the CRJ.

I have 6.48 kB max total size. Zipped it's 62.4 KB

Take off axis control logging for the time being and your log files will be a lot smaller. I will ask you to activate logging if/when needed.

18 hours ago, voltigeurramon said:

I couldn't upload the ini and log files due to their file size, so here's a Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jeCfnSOhpHjCqtYYZggNuc8HX37jVXHh?usp=sharing

You are not using profiles-in-separate-files, so I only need one ini, your FSUIPC7.ini.

I'm using all the aircraft I listed in the first post (PMDG B737 and B738, Just Flight BAe 146, Asobo ATR, Aerosoft CRJ and Fenix A320). If it's easier to do one by one, then let's start with the BAe 146. I can only use 50-100% of throttle, using 0-100% of the hardware slider. I did notice in the FSUIPC calibration that "in" was between -16384 and 16838, but "out" was between 0 and 16838. I don't have any filters set AFAIK. If you want to, I can also video what's happening?

Try calibrating with a reverse zone. Otherwise switch to Send to FS as normal axis and try with the Axis Throttlen Set controls If you cannot get this to work, activate logging for axes controls, load the aircraft and then:
   1. Move the throttle in the VC through its full range, to max throtle and back to min/idle.
   2. Move your assigned axis through to full throttle and then back again
Then exit FSUIPC7, and show me your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files.

John

I haven't been able to look at your last post yet due to work, not sure if I can look and try everything in my break right now. I do want to let you know I found I'm not the only one with most of these problems (the axis only working 50-100%). I sent an email to Honeycomb about this this mornig, so hopefully they'll reply today or Monday. I also posted on the MSFS forum about this, as solutions for other people didn't work for me (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/honeycomb-bravo-50-issue/637851 if you're interested)

I have the Bravo and have no issues. I can check for some of your aircraft (ATR, CRJ, PMDG 737) but not for the ones I don't have (Fenix A320 or the Justflight BAE 146).

I sent an email to Honeycomb about this this mornig, so hopefully they'll reply today or Monday. I also posted on the MSFS forum about this, as solutions for other people didn't work for me (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/honeycomb-bravo-50-issue/637851 if you're interested)

This will be nothing to do with Honeycomb, and will be due to the way you have assigned.

I haven't been able to look at your last post yet

Well, do this when you get a chance and report back.

John

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I have the Bravo and have no issues. I can check for some of your aircraft (ATR, CRJ, PMDG 737) but not for the ones I don't have (Fenix A320 or the Justflight BAE 146).

PMDG 737:  I have assigned using Send to FS as normal axis to Axis Throttle1 Set (X-axis) and Axis Throttle2 Set (R-axis).  No calibration - make sure you are using a profile calibration section and reset the throttle calibration on page 3 of the calibration screen. However, you sill still need to reverse the axis by scaling, i.e. add ,*-1 to the axis assignment line, e.g.
      5=BX,256,F,66420,0,0,0,*-1    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET }-
      6=BR,256,F,66423,0,0,0,*-1    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_THROTTLE2_SET }-

You can probably also do this via calibration if you prefer.

For the CRJ, you need to assign with 'Send to FS as normal axis' and use the Throttle1 Axis Set Ex1 and Throttle2 Axis Set Ex1 controls/events. You should then go to the calibration tab, check the Profile Specific checkbox, and then re-calibrate the throttles on page 3 (you will need to reverse). Once that is done, you should be able to calibrate further in the EFB, Make sure you are using Throttle Type set to use Dual Axis, and if using  reverser axes, make sure you re doing the same in FSUIPC calibration - but probably better to not use reversers on an axis for this aircraft with the Bravo, as it doesn't have a proper reverser axis.

The ATR is similar to the PMDG (i.e. it uses the *_EX1 controls/events). Once configured in FSUIPC, configure in the EFB. 

For the Fenix (which I don't have), I think you also need to use the *_EX1 controls, or presets). See 

You will need to reverse, either via scaling or calibration.

Also see: 

The BAE 146 also uses the *_EX1 controls - s 

Nothing is simple in MSFS!

John

5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

PMDG 737:  I have assigned using Send to FS as normal axis to Axis Throttle1 Set (X-axis) and Axis Throttle2 Set (R-axis).  No calibration - make sure you are using a profile calibration section and reset the throttle calibration on page 3 of the calibration screen. However, you sill still need to reverse the axis by scaling, i.e. add ,*-1 to the axis assignment line, e.g.

This worked for all axis that gave problems for me. Thanks! Everything is flyable now. Just stuff that requires buttons (like thrust reversers) works on and off. FSUIPC does always register the button switch, but in the aircraft it doesn't always switch. I'm guessing that's not FSUIPC?

Thanks for all the help getting things to work!

11 hours ago, voltigeurramon said:

Just stuff that requires buttons (like thrust reversers) works on and off. FSUIPC does always register the button switch, but in the aircraft it doesn't always switch. I'm guessing that's not FSUIPC?

I will need to see your log file (with logging for Buttons & Keys and Events activated) and your updated FSUIPC7.ini if you want me to look into this.

21 hours ago, voltigeurramon said:

Both are attached. Thanks again for helping me! I assumed you wanted to do it one aircraft at a time, this is for the 737

What am I looking for in that log - which button presses weren't working, and which were? I just cannot tell just from the log file. Please try with the logging console open (Log->Open Console), and let me know the timestamp of a button press not working, and also one where it is working.

I see you have the flaps assigned to an axis using direct to FSUIPC calibration and calibrated in your PMDG 737 profile. This can cause issues with the climb rate - please see 

John

56 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I see you have the flaps assigned to an axis using direct to FSUIPC calibration and calibrated in your PMDG 737 profile. This can cause issues with the climb rate

I don't have any issues, but changed it to be sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Apperently Strobes off is a whole thing in the 737, so there's a lot of that in the log file. What I did: I first activated the engine 1 reverser and reactivated the reverser until it deactivated. Then I did the same with engine 2. Both reversers had to be reactivated once, but that differs (sometimes it's more, sometimes it deactivates immidiatly).

Reverser 1 is activated at timestamp 10079 and deactivated at 11079. It didn't deactivate at 11079, so I cycled it again at 11938 and the cut again at 12875 (this time it did work and the reverser got deactivated)

Reverser 2 is activated at 15875 and the cut at 16969. It didn't deactivate the first time. It is activated again at 17797 and then cut again at 18797. It did work this time and got deactivated.

I also screen recorded it with the log on screen in case you want to see what's happening in the sim. The reversers move shortly when the button is released, but go back the the reverser setting again.

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log 2024-04-15 18-03-51.mkv

Looking at that ini, there is no axis assigned to throttle1:

Axes.B737]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=FY,256,D,22,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-
1=FZ,256,F,66534,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_FLAPS_SET }-
2=FV,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-
3=AX,256,D,7,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-
4=AY,256,D,8,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: RightBrake }-
5=AR,256,D,3,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-
6=CX,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
7=CY,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-

?

A couple of days ago on some aircraft the ailerons and elevator controls were reset for some reason in FSUIPC, I guess throttle 1 in the 737 as well. It was working. New ini is attached (but the problem is still there).

In the CRJ I'm controlling the fuel shutoff with macros. I wanted to try to use macros for the reversers in the 737, but couldn't find the Lvars and the values for them. Do you happen to know them so I can try that?

FSUIPC7.ini

16 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

In the CRJ I'm controlling the fuel shutoff with macros. I wanted to try to use macros for the reversers in the 737, but couldn't find the Lvars and the values for them. Do you happen to know them so I can try that?

The PMDG 737 has always used throttle cut followed by throttle decr to activate reversers - I don't think there are lvars (or custom controls, which is what the PMDG normally will use if the standard controls don't work). But I will take a look later.

To diagnose an issue, I always need to see the .ini and .log from the same session/flight, so I will have to look at your previous files. If you update the ini, and would usually need to see the log generated from using that ini.

On 4/15/2024 at 6:17 PM, voltigeurramon said:

Apperently Strobes off is a whole thing in the 737, so there's a lot of that in the log file.

You can opt to not log/ignore such controls (i.e. ones that are continually sent) using the DontLogThese ini parameter, e.g.

[Profile.B737]
DontLogThese=66053
1=PMDG 737

On 4/15/2024 at 6:17 PM, voltigeurramon said:

Reverser 1 is activated at timestamp 10079 and deactivated at 11079. It didn't deactivate at 11079, so I cycled it again at 11938 and the cut again at 12875 (this time it did work and the reverser got deactivated)

Reverser 2 is activated at 15875 and the cut at 16969. It didn't deactivate the first time. It is activated again at 17797 and then cut again at 18797. It did work this time and got deactivated.

Those timestamps do not correspond to the log file you have posted....

Please see the following (long) topic on how to assign to the reversers in the 737: 

I also have this set-up on my Bravo on my flight system for the PMDG 737. I will check if that is working and send you my Bravo config.

John

For the 737 reversers, rather than sending Throttlen_Cut on the reverser release:

12=UF,9,C65967,0     -{THROTTLE1_CUT}-
13=UF,10,C65972,0     -{THROTTLE2_CUT}-

try sending an F1 key press instead:

12=UF,9,C1070,112     -{: F1}-
13=UF,10,C1070,112     -{: F1}-

Otherwise there are two presets that you can use to kill reverse thrust (i.e. to assign on reverser release):
    PMDG B737 Eng 1 Reverse Thrust Kill
    PMDG B737 Eng 2 Reverse Thrust Kill
These use the PMDG custom controls:

#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_REV_THRUST1_LEVER                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 680)
#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_REV_THRUST2_LEVER                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 681)

so you can use them directly instead if you don't want to use the presets.

John

Later:

1 hour ago, voltigeurramon said:

I haven't logged everything yet, but when using the f1 key, I have the same problem as using the buttons.

Ah, ok. They seem to work here... Try them anyway, and if not working switch to using those presets.

Edited by John Dowson
Later added

Posted (edited)

I'm soooo encredibly stupid. I'm so sorry for wasting your time. All I had to do was using the reverse thrust with the engines running. Whenever I did a flight I just didn't use them and all the testing I did for this thread was with the engines off. I'm really sorry you trying to help me, but I just had to think with a bit og logic for one second......

Regarding the A320: The thrust reversers didn't work thru FSUIPC because fenix did some funny stuff (they don't use the throttle decr and cut commands like PMDG). Did some better googling this time and found this: 

Again, so so so sorry for wasting your time. I thought the thrust reverser handles of the 737 would work with the engines off. I didn't even think for one second that the reverser handles moved just very little. Everything works as it should. FSUIPC is great, you and your support are great and I'm just a not thinking idiot.

I do have one question left tho about the ATR. I'm trying to bind the condition lever lvars to shut off the fuel, as said in this (and many more) post: 

I can hear the lever clicking in the sim, but it doesn't move and the engines does shut down. When I set the lvar from the WASM menu to the other positions, that doesn't work either. The ini and log (logged buttons and events) files are attached. The buttons were pressed, but an event didn't happen. There isn't much in the log, scroll all the way down for the buttons and events logged. Thanks again for all the help.

Edit: I feel really bad about my stupidity. I hope you aren't mad at me

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

Edited by voltigeurramon

Also, please see this comment on the same issue (PMDG 737 reversers): 

Also see further down for another possible configuration (I have just asked the user to post his settings).

It seems that nothing is perfect for the PMDG 737 reversers - configure and use what mostly works for you. The main issue seems to be a jump from reverse to forward motion when killing reversers which is rather strange!

John