The simFlight Network Forums

Honeycomb Bravo issues

2 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

I'm soooo encredibly stupid. I'm so sorry for wasting your time. All I had to do was using the reverse thrust with the engines running. Whenever I did a flight I just didn't use them and all the testing I did for this thread was with the engines off. I'm really sorry you trying to help me, but I just had to think with a bit og logic for one second......

Ah, ok....

7 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

I do have one question left tho about the ATR. I'm trying to bind the condition lever lvars to shut off the fuel, as said in this (and many more) post: 

Can you attach your macro file please. As the condition lever has 4 discrete positions, I am not sure how you are controlling this on a button. Why don't you use an axis (the Bravo has plenty!) and use the axis presets defined in this post: 

John

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Can you attach your macro file please. As the condition lever has 4 discrete positions, I am not sure how you are controlling this on a button. Why don't you use an axis (the Bravo has plenty!) and use the axis presets defined in this post: 

The fuel shutoff positions aren't on an axis, they are using the toggle feather switch 1/2. Everyting else on the condition lever (feather, auto and 100% ovrd) is on an axis (prop pitch 1/2). Using the "Toggle feather 1/2 switch" in FSUIPC works most of the time, but not all the time. So that's why I wanted to use the lvar to control it, as others do as well.

The macro files I'm currently using for this are attached. I first used a different macro file that just had the lvar (L:MSATR_CONDITIONn_POS=Set) and I then assigned a value is the button assigment. That didn't work for me, so I assigned the values in the macro file itself (those two files are attached)

Edit:

What I meant: I want to use the fuel shutoff buttons on the same axis as the condition lever, so that's why I want to use a button for the fuel shutoff (a button has to be pressed for that, the developer didn't put it on the axis of the condition lever)

ATRoff.mcro ATRon.mcro

Edited by voltigeurramon
Edit for clarity

11 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

he fuel shutoff positions aren't on an axis, they are using the toggle feather switch 1/2. Everyting else on the condition lever (feather, auto and 100% ovrd) is on an axis (prop pitch 1/2). Using the "Toggle feather 1/2 switch" in FSUIPC works most of the time, but not all the time. So that's why I wanted to use the lvar to control it, as others do as well.

Not sure I understand this. The ATR has 2 condition levers that each have 4 discrete ranges. Why don't you just use two of the Bravo axes to control this using those presets?

33 minutes ago, voltigeurramon said:

I can hear the lever clicking in the sim, but it doesn't move and the engines does shut down. When I set the lvar from the WASM menu to the other positions, that doesn't work either. The ini and log (logged buttons and events) files are attached. The buttons were pressed, but an event didn't happen. There isn't much in the log, scroll all the way down for the buttons and events logged. Thanks again for all the help.

Ok, so setting the L:MSATR_CONDITION1_POS and L:MSATR_CONDITION2_POS lvars to a value between 0 - 3 no longer moves the condition lever? That is strange, and something must have changed. I will take a look and get back to you.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Not sure I understand this. The ATR has 2 condition levers that each have 4 discrete ranges. Why don't you just use two of the Bravo axes to control this using those presets?

Just tried this, that doesn't work. 

Ok, so setting the L:MSATR_CONDITION1_POS and L:MSATR_CONDITION2_POS lvars to a value between 0 - 3 no longer moves the condition lever?

That is correct (this time tested it with and without engines running)

That is strange, and something must have changed. I will take a look and get back to you.

Thanks

What version of the ATR do you have installed? Maybe check for an update.

I have just checked here and all is working as expected. On my dev system, I have both condition levers assigned to the same axis, and this works fine:

4=TY,256,F,PMSATR CONDITION1 LEVER SET2,PMSATR CONDITION2 LEVER SET2,0,0    -{ TO SIM: Preset Control, Preset Control }-

which is using the following presets (in the myevents.txt file):

MSATR CONDITION1 LEVER SET2#@ 16384 + 10923 / near 0 max 3 min (>L:MSATR_CONDITION1_POS)
MSATR CONDITION2 LEVER SET2#@ 16384 + 10923 / near 0 max 3 min (>L:MSATR_CONDITION2_POS)

I have also tested with the following macro (ATRCondition.mcro):

[Macros]
1=L:MSATR_CONDITION1_POS=Set
2=L:MSATR_CONDITION2_POS=Set

and have assigned buttons to this, just testing with condition lever 1 only, and setting the parameters on the assignment as such:

2=P174,0,CM7:1,0     -{Macro ATRCondition: L:MSATR_CONDITION1_POS set}-
3=P174,1,CM7:1,1     -{Macro ATRCondition: L:MSATR_CONDITION1_POS set}-
4=P174,2,CM7:1,2     -{Macro ATRCondition: L:MSATR_CONDITION1_POS set}-
5=P174,3,CM7:1,3     -{Macro ATRCondition: L:MSATR_CONDITION1_POS set}-
6=P174,4,CM7:1,4     -{Macro ATRCondition: L:MSATR_CONDITION1_POS set}-

and they all work as expected.

So you are certainly doing something wrong.... Please check that you are using the latest version of the ATR and try the above - either on an axis or buttons or both. If not working, please attach your ini and log files again, the latter with appropriate logging activated (i.e. ExtrasEvents and Buttons & Keys if using buttons, and Axis Controls if using an axis). Maybe easier if you try the buttons first, but up to you.

John

44 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Maybe check for an update.

OMG the stupidity continues. Never thought I would need this instruction 😳 (usually I'm the one saying this. 100% thought I checked this already). It all works now using the macros. Thanks for all your help.