The simFlight Network Forums

A2A Comanche set Carbheat axis

Freccia

Hi, I can't set an axis to dedicate to the carbheat on the A2A Comanche 250.

These are my settings but nothing moves, where am I wrong?

Screenshot2024-04-18143029.thumb.png.8895dbf6fcac962f24654a47e8ed2401.png

In the event.txt file there is this string and maybe I should set some parameters but I'm not good enough, could you help me?

PA24_250_Carbheat_Axis#@ 15 - 10.0 / 0 max 100 min (>L:Eng1_CarbHeatSwitch, Number)

Thank you.

1. If you are assigning the preset to an axis, then you do not need to check Select for preset'(top-right). This is for sending presets on axis ranges as button controls, Remove this.

2. The correct way to send axis values to a preset is by checking Send Preset to FS, which you have done, but then you also need to check the first box below this and select the preset from the drop-down menu.

3. The following preset:
         PA24_250_Carbheat_Axis#@ 15 - 10.0 / 0 max 100 min (>L:Eng1_CarbHeatSwitch, Number)
subtracts 15 from the axis value ("15 -") then divides by 10.0 ("10.0 /"). If you are using a standard axis, that will have a range of -16384 to +16383, and you need to calibrate this to the lvar range of 0 - 100. To do this. define your own preset in the myevents.txt file as follows:

//A2A SIM/Comanche 250/Engine
MY_PA24_250_Carbheat_Axis#@ 16384 + 327.68 / 0 max 100 min (>L:Eng1_CarbHeatSwitch, Number)

Then assign your axis to this preset (using the left-hand side of the axes assignment panel, not the right-hand side).

John

Hi John, of course thanks to your help it worked, thank you very much 🙂
However, it works the opposite of how I would like (I would like the value 16384 to correspond to the carbheat being deactivated). But if it's not possible to do it, it doesn't matter, I'll make it work for me.

Thanks again.

1 minute ago, Freccia said:

However, it works the opposite of how I would like (I would like the value 16384 to correspond to the carbheat being deactivated). But if it's not possible to do it, it doesn't matter, I'll make it work for me.

Then you need to reverse the axis range in the preset, i.e.

//A2A SIM/Comanche 250/Engine
MY_PA24_250_Carbheat_Axis#@ -1 * 16384 + 327.68 / 0 max 100 min (>L:Eng1_CarbHeatSwitch, Number)

John

Ok John, I replaced the string in the myevents.txt file but it doesn't seem to work and I don't understand why.
Furthermore, I continue to delete the check marks on Up and Down but every time I reopen I find them selected, as in the figure.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 163645.png

3 minutes ago, Freccia said:

I replaced the string in the myevents.txt file but it doesn't seem to work and I don't understand why.

Did you restart FSUIPC7? Presets are only loaded when FSUIPC7 is started. Also, check you are using th correct preset - the image shows that you are still using the MF preset from the events.txt file.

3 minutes ago, Freccia said:

Furthermore, I continue to delete the check marks on Up and Down but every time I reopen I find them selected, as in the figure.

You need to delete them - click Delete all followed by Ok.

John