The simFlight Network Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hey Daniel, Good stuff on modding out the files. What's the chances you can get us some line information to make the tower callouts more realistic? Main 2 things i would LOVE to see........ 1. Wind on arrivals -- Current -- Delta 123, runway 25L cleared to land Desired -- Delta 123, wind is 6 at 5 knots, rwy 25L , cleared to land --Calm wind -- Game doesn't have wind calm for wind (velocity < 3 knots) -- Delta 123, wind is calm, rwy 25L, cleared to land 2. Tower ID -- it's one of the most important things the developers left out for authenticity -- Planes should know what airport is calling them and what position they are being called from Current -- Delta 123, rwy 25L, cleared to land Desired -- Delta 123, Los Angeles Tower, wind is calm, rwy 25L, cleared to land. Much appreciated for taking a look and giving some feedback on these. Joe ATControl --YoutTube
  3. Today
  4. Great, thanks. Get well soon :-) Peter
  5. Thanks. I don't yet have a registered version of FSUIPC for FS9, but I have tested this in FSX and it works well. :)
  6. Hello. I was forced to change my old email address (fsnet.co.uk) and use another. I have changed my registered email address for this forum and Simmarket. However my FSUIPC key file and hence log files and the FSUIPC display still show the old email address. I am thinking that I should be getting a new key file with the new email address from somewhere, but I am unable to find any information about this. How do I update my registered email address? Brian L
  7. Save and load plans

Hi Frans, please read here first: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/60271-important-everyone-please-read/ btw. What's FSPC? Volker
  8. vb.net detect value changes

Yes sir, it seems so.
  9. vb.net detect value changes

The only way is to monitor all the possible offsets and see which one changes. There's no way I know of to get the addresses of offsets that change during a period of time. Paul
  10. I sniped the modules folder and attached it. There is nothing in documents folder. I'll clear my cache and install without registering.
  11. vb.net detect value changes

I will ask another question. Lets say we want to check pilots' actions during their flights and seatbelt sign is one of the check items. But the problem with the seatbelt offsets is many different aircraft have different offsets for seatbelt usage. For example, standart seatbelt offset is 341D, pmdg ngx 738 offset is 649F, pmdg 777 ofset is 647B, pmdg 747 offset is 6C2B. And probably other addons are using different offset values also. Is there any way to detect which offset is activated when some switch is turned on or off?
  12. Okay, thanks. now I can see the problem I should be able to fix it quickly, but I am no able to work properly at present having come down with some sort of really bad cold or 'flu'. Nevertheless, hopefully I'll be able to sort it out some time over the weekend. Pete
  13. Can we combine the schedules all at once or no ?
  14. Reflections

Since I mentioned a graphic-related question, I'll add another one and include my system specs as well...all aircraft have a momentary rapid deceleration when landing or taking off on KLGA runway 4 passing taxiway E almost coming to a stop. It's like they hit an invisible wall for a second. In addition to Vic's response, I'd like to hear from anyone else seeing this. Intel Core (TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.8 GHz RAM - 32 GB Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti card with 11 G Asus ROG PG278QR 27" monitor @ 2560 x 1440 - 144Hz Mike
  15. Thanks for your reply. Before I used version 4.679 with FSX-SE. Peter
  16. Reflections

Vic, the graphic option Reflections implies that with that option turned off, you're not going to see reflections but they are still visible in the water from a lot of the buildings surrounding LGA. Also, the next version of T3DPro would do well to include brief explanations of ALL options. It would simplify the process and be quicker that hunting down explanations from various other sources when you're configuring the game. Mike
  17. Save and load plans

L.S. I spent hours and hours on many days working on flight plans and storing but the structure to save or retrieve files I do not succeed. I have read the instructions carefully but do not get out. If I was succesfulle on a day, later I't das not work. On 23-11-2017 made a plan from Amsterdam to Paris that I wanted to continue a day later. The file stored in a location where P3D can also find it. on 24-11-2017 the file could not be found by FSPC while the explorer indicated that it existed and also P3D wanted to load it. And FSPC referred to that path (it was not a readable plan) The entire menu structure of SAVE / LOAD and LOAD is unclear. Although I bought this program, I consider returning to Plan-Gv3 Unless someone can explain to me how it should be done. Many thanks in advance Windows 10 Prepar3D v4 Frans Jeijsman
  18. Frustrated by in game advertising

Hartleecub: Note in the other thread on SP3 that people are seeing that their latest updated install is SP2 after SP3 is completed, Vic is saying to ignore until they can ferret out the little bug(ger).
  19. Gameplay Reference Cards

I see that this post doesn't look to be updated since August. Is there a new version of the Call Signs chart floating around out there anywhere? It looks like the link is dead. Also, is there a good site with info on some of the details of the best way to play the game? I bought it on Steam but there don't appear to be many Guides posted. Thanks to the author of these cards! That looks like a fair amount of work! Much appreciated!
  20. Weird throttle calibration problem

excellent, thanks for info. Glad it could be sorted out ! A plane needing that full range and a Sync user, probably a rare combination :-). I'll post some instructions in the FSLabs forum after the new versions are out. Thanks and keep up the great work ! Mike
  21. The above is very strange. It says the folder was created okay, but then none of the files can be installed! That makes no sense. Access cannot be denied to a folder the same program just created! I've never seen anything quite so strange. Can you tell me exactly what files are there, in the P3D Modules folder? And in the subfolder FSUIPC Documents? (The Modules folder is E:\P3Dv4\Modules) BTW, when did you download 5.122. The package was replaced once because of a corrupted upload. Just in case you could try downloading it again. Please be sure to clear your cache first (F5 I think). And try installing first without registering, so we can see if all the files are correctly installed. Pete
  22. Thanks for the report Bullrot. Fixed and uploaded new version, then saw you'd already worked it out :-) After getting sidetracked and playing the game for a few hours, thought I'd better make a new reply here because most people will never notice that the original post has been updated :-) Daniel
  23. Hi Pete. I have been reading the forums and haven't found a problem like this. I have paid for FSUIPC5. I have P3Dv4.1 installed and have been playing it. I install the downloaded exe file as administrator. I enter my registration info and Key exactly as show on my order confirmation. A box pops up that says registration accepted then offers a flickable box to confirm. I do that and both boxes immediately disappear. When I go to P3D and select the FUSIPC add on its says I'm not registered. It says I need to do the registration at install. I have gone to my modules folder and there is lots in there. I will copy and paste every thing below. I have repeated this process about a dozen times. I use to be a P3Dv3 user with FSUIPC4. Could that be causing some kind of conflict? Installer for FSUIPC5.DLL version 5.122 Looking in registry for Prepar3D v4 install path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 Parameter"AppPath" ... >>> OK! FOUND Prepar3D v4! <<< ... AppPath=E:\P3Dv4\ =========================================================== INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D v4: AppPath="E:\P3Dv4\" Checking version of the Prepar3D v4 EXE: ... Version 4.1.7.22841 (Need at least 4.0.20.21316) Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC5 installed as: E:\P3Dv4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL ... No previous valid version found. Prepar3D v4 Modules Modules folder already exists. Okay -- installed FSUIPC5 into "E:\P3Dv4\Modules\FSUIPC5.DLL" Looking for the current user's Application Data path: ... found as "C:\Users\TUNDRA\AppData\Roaming" Now finding \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.CFG for all users, including this one Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming" ... No Prepar3D.CFG there Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming" ... No Prepar3D.CFG there Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming" ... No Prepar3D.CFG there Looking in "C:\Users\Default.migrated\AppData\Roaming" ... No Prepar3D.CFG there Looking in "C:\Users\OVRLibraryService\AppData\Roaming" ... No Prepar3D.CFG there Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming" ... No Prepar3D.CFG there Looking in "C:\Users\TUNDRA\AppData\Roaming" Found Prepar3D.CFG in "C:\Users\TUNDRA\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.CFG" Now checking DLL.XML ... ... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC5 section. ... FSUIPC5 section already exists but will be replaced. ... FSUIPC5 section of DLL.XML written okay Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ... ... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay. "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder created okay! Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder: Failed to install "FSUIPC5 User Guide.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "FSUIPC5 for Advanced Users.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "Lua License.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "LuaFileSystem.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "Example LUA plugins.zip" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "Profiles in Separate Files.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "FSUIPC5 History.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "ASN WX Radar facilities in FSUIPC4.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "Offset Mapping for PMDG 777X.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") Failed to install "Offset Mapping for PMDG 747QOTSII.pdf" Error 5 reported ("Access is denied. ") =========================================================== All installer tasks completed. Registration dialog exit: selected FSUIPC DELETE Deleted previous registration ... Providing FSUIPC registration dialogue ... Registration for FSUIPC5 was successful! (result code 00) *************** End of Install Log *************** ********* FSUIPC5, Version 5.122 (17th November 2017) by Pete Dowson ********* Running inside Prepar3D v4 Module base=7FFF48C80000 Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit reported as Build 14393, Release ID: 1607 (OS 10.0) Prepar3D.exe version = 4.1.7.22841 Checking the Registrations now ... User Name="" User Addr="" FSUIPC5 not user registered WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired 31 System time = 24/11/2017 06:36:10 31 FLT path = "C:\Users\TUNDRA\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\" 31 ------ Module Version Check ------ 31 acontain.dll: 4.1.7.22841 31 api.dll: 4.1.7.22841 31 controls.dll: 4.1.7.22841 31 fs-traffic.dll: 4.1.7.22841 31 G3D.dll: 4.1.7.22841 46 language.dll: 4.1.7.22841 46 sim1.dll: 4.1.7.22841 46 visualfx.dll: 4.1.7.22841 46 weather.dll: 4.1.7.22841 46 window.dll: 4.1.7.22841 46 ---------------------------------- 46 FS path = "E:\P3Dv4\" 218 LogOptions=00000000 00000001 218 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay 218 Opened separate AI Traffic client okay 18328 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4", Version: 4.1.7.22841 (SimConnect: 4.1.0.0) 18328 Initialising SimConnect data requests now 18328 FSUIPC Menu entry added 18328 ... Using Prepar3D with Academic License 18375 C:\Users\TUNDRA\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.fxml 18375 E:\P3Dv4\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Raptor Driver\Raptor.air 209046 E:\P3Dv4\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche\PA24_250.air 351984 Aircraft loaded: running normally now ... 351984 User Aircraft ID 2 supplied, now being used 352875 System time = 24/11/2017 06:42:03, Simulator time = 14:00:00 (21:00Z) 412359 Starting everything now ... 412437 ASN active function link set 412437 Ready for ActiveSky WX radar with additional data 415859 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled 1720968 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 888 secs = 32.5 fps 1720968 Max AI traffic was 16 aircraft (Deleted 0) 1724468 === Closing session: waiting for DLLStop to be called ... 1732765 === DLLStop called ... 1732765 === Closing external processes we started ... 1733765 === About to kill any Lua plug-ins still running ... 1734921 === About to kill my timers ... 1734921 === Restoring window procs ... 1734921 === Unloading libraries ... 1734921 === stopping other threads ... 1734921 === ... Button scanning ... 1735015 === ... Axis scanning ... 1735125 === Releasing joystick devices ... 1735125 === Freeing macro memory 1735125 === Removing any offset overrides 1735125 === Clearing any displays left 1735125 === NOTE: not calling SimConnect_Close ... 1735125 === AI slots deleted! 1735125 === Freeing button memory ... 1735125 === Closing my Windows ... 1735125 === Freeing FS libraries ... 1736125 === Closing devices ... 1736125 === Closing the Log ... Bye Bye! ... 1736125 System time = 24/11/2017 07:05:06, Simulator time = 14:14:28 (21:14Z) 1736125 *** FSUIPC log file being closed Minimum frame rate was 21.4 fps, Maximum was 65.7 fps Average frame rate for running time of 959 secs = 33.8 fps Maximum AI traffic for session was 16 aircraft Memory managed: 215 Allocs, 215 Freed ********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********
  24. FS2004 Freeze Altitude

Try saving this in the FS Modules folder as a file called "freezeAlt.lua" althi = ipc.readSD(0x574) altlo = ipc.readUD(0x570) while 1 do ipc.sleep(10) -- 10 mSecs = 100 times per sec ipc.writeUD(0x570,altlo) ipc.writeSD(0x574,althi) end Then, run FS. Go to FSUIPC options and assign a button or keypress to "Lua freezealt", and another to "Luakill freezealt". Use the first keypress or button to freeze the altitude, and the other to release it. Testing here I get an altitude variation of only 1-2 feet. That's with P3Dv4, so your results may differ. (I don't even have FS2004 any more). You can try reducing the number 10 in the sleep line to make it set the altitude more often -- see what suits you and your setup. Please note that I normally do NOT write plug-ins for users. I'd prefer they did their own research, so that they learn more and can do more things subsequently. I supply many examples and documentation in the FSUIPC Dcouments folder, and Lua has an excellentreference and tutorials on their website. Pete
  25. FS map and Wilco vol1 Evolution

Hi Guys, I have just uninstalled Wilco Airbus vol.1 original pack as it was causing problems. (Win 7 64bit/FS9).I then bought the Evolution version and installed it.The problem with that now is that the map is behind the cockpit!I didn't have this problem with the original version of the Airbus.Thanks for any help guys
  26. TOWER!3D PRO SP3 HAS BEEN RELEASED

Cheers Wayne!
  1. Load more activity