The simFlight Network Forums

Tower! 3D Pro, Intersection Takeoff

countyff08

I cannot seem to get planes to take off from intersections.  I'm playing on St. Thomas and I'm hoping someone can tell me the voice commands to use.  I've tried using the commands found here but they don't work, www.atcsuite.com/tower-promanual

Everytime I try to get a plane to taxi (Cessna) at an intersection, it insists on going all the way down to the end to take off.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have Real Traffic and Real Color and started TIST at 11:00. The first flight was a departure for N765FT at 10:51. After the pushback, I gave the command: "765FT RUNWAY 28 AT FOXTROT" and it worked fine. Attached is a screenshot of the command history and N765FT departing at the intersection F.

N765FT.thumb.JPG.f196e4098698c413b5e9cbc7aee93a90.JPG

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this! Searched before I posted this myself, as an air carrier at my facility asked about an intersection departure so I was like "Huh I wonder if my game will do that." 

It won't take correct phraseology of "C/S, Runway 28 at Foxtrot cleared for takeoff" But thats okay! 

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:55 PM, RageOvSparta said:

Thanks for this! Searched before I posted this myself, as an air carrier at my facility asked about an intersection departure so I was like "Huh I wonder if my game will do that." 

It won't take correct phraseology of "C/S, Runway 28 at Foxtrot cleared for takeoff" But thats okay! 

Once they get to the runway at the intersection, you don't have to say the intersection again.  Just say, "Nxxxx, Runway 28 cleared for takeoff". 

4 hours ago, AirborneCDS said:

Once they get to the runway at the intersection, you don't have to say the intersection again.  Just say, "Nxxxx, Runway 28 cleared for takeoff". 

I believe Rage figured it out. He was stating the sim does not accept the FAA's correct terminology as stated in 3-9-10b ... RUNWAY (number) AT (taxiway designator) CLEARED FOR TAKEOFF.  Actually, for line up and wait the intersection is also supposed to be stated (3-9-4n).

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,

I've got a problem with the combination of take offs at runway intersections and the use of voice recognition.

Specifically, operating at KLAS. When I tell my aircrafts to go to runway 7L, there's no problem at all. Yet, if I tell them "runway 7L at A5" (or A6, doesn't matter), and then "taxi via C6, B, A5", the vr always manages to squeeze in a "S, L" between "taxi via" and "C6, ...". Again, this happens only when using runway intersections. It works fine when telling them just "runway 7", so I don't think it's got something to do with the voice recognition in general.
Anyone else got this kind of problem?