The simFlight Network Forums

lost registration

Some time ago I registered FSUICP, but due to a HDD crash I lost all registration details. If possible could you semd me a new code/my registration details.

Sorry, I don't deal with any of that. I do programming and technical support. Registration is dealt with by the retailers -- SimMarket mostly. If you bought it from SimMarket then I think you can get your key by going to http://www.simmarket.com and logging in to your account there. Otherwise contact their Customer Services.

When you do get a copy, don't forget you need to enter the EXACT same name and email details as you used originally. I'd also advise either printing out the details and keeping it safe (much like anything else you might purchase), or backing up the FSUIPC.KEY file (on separate media to your HDD) after you have successfully re-registered.

Regards,

Pete

Pete, what about people that got their key from you personally (people that donated etc.).

Not relevant now maybe, but could be handy in the future (I know I got mine in an email from you yourself for example).

I burn all my keys and license files on CD once a month or so with the rest of my system backup.

I think everyone should do that, CDs last longer and are less easily put in the wrong archive (aka garbage bin) as are sheets of paper.

Pete, what about people that got their key from you personally (people that donated etc.).

Oh, yes, I have records of all those, don't worry. They can write to me (privately) with their details. But they are very much in the minority of course. :wink:

There are also those who got them from Enrico Schiratti, mostly Porject Magenta customers of course, and they should ask him. And, since late December, there will also be customers of InterCraft of Tokyo, Japan, who do a Japanese translation of the documentation and sell both FSUIPC and WideFS there.

In each case, apart from the purchasers, the details and access keys are only known to the specific suppliers. I hope this is clear. There is no central database and I don't hold keys I didn't issue personally.

Regards,

Pete