The simFlight Network Forums

Assigning button to Yoke for ATC

Pete,

Been a while since I messed with VATSIM but now that SB3 is out I'd like to give it a shot (right now it's about as stable as Robert Blake.)

What I did before was to have my ATC key set to the ` key (below the tilde which I believe is the default) and then in FSUIPC set the button up for that as well.

That way when I'm in single player with traffic, hitting the button on the yoke (the right trigger button) brings up the ATC window. In VATSIM/SB3 the same button should allow me to talk to real controllers (since once multiplayer mode starts, ATC gets disabled) thus the key can serve two purposes.

For some reason it's not working that way and it did flawlessly before. Right now in FSUIPC the button is set to ATC and I suspect that's wrong. For this to work wouldn't I want it set to send the ` key as well?

In VATSIM/SB3 the same button should allow me to talk to real controllers (since once multiplayer mode starts, ATC gets disabled) thus the key can serve two purposes.

For some reason it's not working that way and it did flawlessly before. Right now in FSUIPC the button is set to ATC and I suspect that's wrong. For this to work wouldn't I want it set to send the ` key as well?

Sorry, I really don't know. I don't have or use Squawkbox so I don't know how it's PTT is driven at all. Don't they have a support site?

Regards,

Pete

Despite the excellent directions on the matter, I still can't get my yoke button to send either a keypress or a rw PTT control to SB3. It seems others have had this problem too but then I never see more on the issue so have to assume they have solved the problem. Can anyone explain how they have done this? Thanks

David