The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737NG programinterface

Hello Pete Dowson !

I've worked with the FSUIPC programinterface. It works perfectly fine for my intention with the FS built in airplanes.

Unfortunately it does not work very well with PMDG 737NG. I do not get any response at all with the MCP panel.

Do you have any idea if this is the definitely tragic finally fact, or could it be different mapped by PMDG ?

Any idea if Level-D 767 could better support standard function using FSUIPC ?

I like to control (and read out status) aircrafts as from crew via FSUIPC. PMDG 737 and Level-D are the most interesting for the project.

In addition I should say I did write PMDG, support at precisionmanuals dot com , two weeks ago without any response. While Level-D, at the moment I don't know where to write.

Thanks !

Unfortunately it does not work very well with PMDG 737NG. I do not get any response at all with the MCP panel.

Do you have any idea if this is the definitely tragic finally fact, or could it be different mapped by PMDG ?

PMDG have their own code for A/P etc. There's no way I know to control it other than via the keyboard short-cuts. They do have some sort of FSUIPC interface, but they won't publish their SDK at present. I don't know when that will be resolved -- some folks have hacked into it somewhat. I'm sure you could find out more if you searched.

Any idea if Level-D 767 could better support standard function using FSUIPC ?

All I know is that at least they have published an SDK and that some folks are doing things with it. I don't have any other details. Check their Forum on Avsim.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

There is a response but it's extremely slow. I tried putting the CRS selection on a knob on an RP48 and you have to turn the knob all the way around several times to get a single degree of change on the indicator for example.

Bit of a bummer as GF uses the PMDG as an example for programming their controls using FSUIPC...

There is a response but it's extremely slow. I tried putting the CRS selection on a knob on an RP48 and you have to turn the knob all the way around several times to get a single degree of change on the indicator for example.

Do PMDG use their own CRS variable then? Seems odd -- the normal FS one is normally used, even by advanced cockpits, as it's so simple to use it without any side effects and, after all, it's there (both 1 and 2). Even Project Magenta leaves that simple task to FS.

If it doesn't increment/decrement on every click of an RP48 knob then they must presumably be using some units other than degrees -- what, 10ths, 16ths, 100ths? Is this via a keyboard assignment? If so, then surely that must equally irritate keyboard users? That's seems rather hard to believe.

Don't forget, too, the FSUIPC implements a different button for "fast" turning as opposed to "slow" -- so if you are getting few increments when turning the knob, maybe you only programmed the slow turn or vice versa? Each knob produces 4 button numbers in FSUIPC, two for each direction.

You could program one click (which on a GF rotary is a seen as a "press" or "release", so needs doing in both places) to operate their control 10 or 20 times, whatever. But, again, if the only control is via keyboard, this will tend to fill the keyboard buffer rapidly and be jerky as a result.

If you are talking about using some hacked locations in FSUIPC memory for the CRS, then you only need to change the programming for your RP48 to use the offset cyclic increment/decrement controls with a larger increment value.

Regards,

Pete

They indeed use something of their own it seems.

When I use another GF module to change the OBS1 setting it doesn't affect the CRS indicator on the PMDG MCP.

When I change the value on the MCP the value displayed for the OBS on my GF166 does change (so their AP values are backported to the default radios but not read from them).

I did read others having the same problem programming the RP48 from FSUIPC for the PMDG 737, extremely slow response and having to turn the knob for a very long time to get any response at all.

I did read others having the same problem programming the RP48 from FSUIPC for the PMDG 737, extremely slow response and having to turn the knob for a very long time to get any response at all.

If this is using keystrokes, then surely keyboard users must be complaining too?

If it is using keystrokes but the keyboard use doesn't suffer so much (i.e. having to press the key a hundred times to get one degree change, or hold it down for 10 seconds or so), then the reason will because you/they are not programming all 4 button numbers for the rotary, and not using both the press and release -- as Ii said, a single click is a press or release. They alternate.

I can't really help much more as you are not actually telling me anything. :wink:

Regards,

Pete