The simFlight Network Forums

level d sdk's

hello folks out there i have a problem , i have been at it all day and i hope someone can help me.

im using fsconv and i have set all of the services , im wondering now what to do next , it shows that it is running, but im not for sure how to make the connection, im using phidgets, is there somthing that im missing.

how do i get fsconv and phidgets to talk to each other, i have everything loaded, is there some other program that i need to load.

Thanks..............Robert

im using fsconv and i have set all of the services , im wondering now what to do next , it shows that it is running, but im not for sure how to make the connection, im using phidgets, is there somthing that im missing.

how do i get fsconv and phidgets to talk to each other, i have everything loaded, is there some other program that i need to load.

Are you sure you are asking in the right place? What is "fsconv"?

Pete

yes Mr. Dowson it is a program that will allow me to use a interface card like phidgets to talk to your program to run level d767, i can get your fsuipc program with a phidgets interface card to work with default airplanes but not add-ons like the level d 767.

what fsconv does is allow the sdk's of the level d to talk to your program that in turn operates the software thru mechancal means.

i kind of thought you knew about that , that is why i came to you.

the guy that wrote the program thanks you a lot for your program.

here is his website http://www.nicokaan.nl.

Thanks.......Robert

Hi Robert,

this is the wrong place like Pete told.

You have to write the special Offsets that FSConv is using to connect over FSUIPC to Level D in your Phidgets Variable-file. FSConv is the Bridge between your hardware - FSUIPC - Level D.

FSConv is using some "Not used Offsets" for this bridge.

So FSUIPC has nothing to do. It's on you to write this Offsets to your Phidgets Variable File.

what fsconv does is allow the sdk's of the level d to talk to your program that in turn operates the software thru mechancal means.

i kind of thought you knew about that , that is why i came to you.

the guy that wrote the program thanks you a lot for your program.

here is his website http://www.nicokaan.nl.

Ah, Niko Kaan's program. Yes. I know of that. Sorry, there are so many programs that I do need context to identify them. I recall that he was, in an earlier version, using the same offsets as Project Magenta, but brought out a later one which uses offsets especially reserved for him.

However, I am sorry, I do not know any more than the fact that the program has a set of offsets used to control his interface to the aircraft. As far as I knew everything was explained in his documentation. All FSUIPC is doing here is acting as a postbox -- one program (presumably your Phidgets software) will be writing values to offsets, and this FSConv program will be reading them and passing them on the the aircraft code -- and vice versa.

You can, of course, enable IPC read and write logging in FSUIPC to see what data is being passed back and forth, but really, for this sort of application, that's about the limit of FSUIPC provisions.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Robert,

Thomas is right.

FSCONV uses the FSUIPC offset address range 0x8B00 - 0x8BFF for making available all the functions and information that is in the Level-D SDK (they are all Level-D 767-300 spefic). That range was assigned by Pete for use by FSCONV exclusively, just like some other applications have a special range.

So there's really no difference in the way HOW you use FSUIPC offsets in Phidgets for the generic FS9 offsets as publiced by Pete in FSUIPC for Programmers .doc, or HOW you use my offsets that are published in the FSCONV User Manual.

Any specific FSCONV questions should be addressed to me and not to Pete.

Regards,

Nico

im using fsconv and i have set all of the services ,

Amazing! I know no other cockpit builder that is that far.... Do you have all the hardware installed for all these services??

Note that a Service is there to support your hardware. E.g. It is not of much use to activate the FMC Command service if you do not have the 69 keys installed for the FMC keyboard ....

Maybe you should read the manual first.