The simFlight Network Forums

New interim versions don't save AC specific Calibration

Hi Pete,

When I performed an Aircraft specific calibration in the interim 3.705 and 3.706 versions of FSUIPC, the program always saved the calibration as Cessna Skyhawk 172SP, no matter what aircraft I tried. I would change some calibration items, and the updates always went into the Cessna section. The title bar did show the name of the correct aircraft. I went back to the official 3.7 version and all is well.

Thanks for your excellent support to the FS community.

Kyle

When I performed an Aircraft specific calibration in the interim 3.705 and 3.706 versions of FSUIPC, the program always saved the calibration as Cessna Skyhawk 172SP, no matter what aircraft I tried. I would change some calibration items, and the updates always went into the Cessna section. The title bar did show the name of the correct aircraft. I went back to the official 3.7 version and all is well.

That is very odd, because this was almost exactly the problem reported in 3.7 which is supposed to be fixed in the updates. Well, not quite. I think the problem in 3.7 is to do with the LOADING of separate calibration settings -- no matter what you saved, next time you load FS it only ever loaded the default settings --- UNLESS the "ShortAircraftNameOk" parameter is specifically set to "Yes" or "Substring".

I'll check this tomorrow (a bit tied up today), but meanwhile could you send me a ZIPPED copy of your FSUIPC.INI file, please? petedowson@btconnect.com.

Thanks,

Pete

I would change some calibration items, and the updates always went into the Cessna section. The title bar did show the name of the correct aircraft. I went back to the official 3.7 version and all is well.

Okay, I didn't need your INI file after all. It was actually a trivial problem, coding-wise, fixed easily (I hope! :-) ). I broke the saving when mending the loading. Sorry.

Please download 3.707 now available above.

Regards,

Pete

Pete

I am using fsuipc 3.707 with a saitek x52 joystick. I have "short aircraft name ok=Yes"

I am able to calibrate the joystick axes "Aircraft specific" for all my a/c.

But I have a problem with Button programming. With the default cessna 172 or 182, I use the joystick's throttle-positioned pov hat switch and assign it (using "buttons + switches" tab) to "Ap Alt Var inc" ( and "dec") using the "select for FS control" drop-down menu. I then select "control to repeat when held". I dont use a parameter, or list a control sent when released.

This works fine. so that the hat switch works like a rocker to increase or decrease the a/p altitude setting.

However, when I switch between the 172/182, or close FS9 and re-start... the button is no longer assigned. All the axes assignments are remembered however.

However, when I switch between the 172/182, or close FS9 and re-start... the button is no longer assigned. All the axes assignments are remembered however.

Eris this specific to 3.707? The only change was to the Joystick Calibrations.

Are you saying that NONE of your button settings are saved? At present I'm not seeing the significance of all the details you are providing for this particular assignment. Is there only a problem with that, and nothing else? I mean, if you assign it to something simpler or different, is it saved, possibly indicating some formatting problem with this specific arrangment?

I'd like to seea before and after INI file section for this please, and some clarifications as above if possible.

Thanks,

Pete

Eris this specific to 3.707?

I did not program buttons in previous versions of fsuipc.

Are you saying that NONE of your button settings are saved?

This is the only button i program with fsuipc (the Saitek x52 has its own programming software which I use for all other button assignments...replicating the standard FS9 key strokes)

I will try tonight to assign again, and will send you the before/after INI files

Pete

Well, now i think i am going mad .. i cant replicate the fault.

here is the ini file sections after assignment anyway:

[buttons.Cessna Skyhawk]

0=R0,19,C65892,0

1=R0,21,C65893,0

[JoystickCalibration.Cessna Skyhawk]

ExclThrottleSet=No

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

ApplyHeloTrim=No

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=0

RudderTrimControl=0

CowlFlaps1Control=0

CowlFlaps2Control=0

CowlFlaps3Control=0

CowlFlaps4Control=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

Aileron=-16382,-1016,1098,16383/8

SlopeAileron=5

Elevator=-16382,-1032,1155,16383/8

SlopeElevator=5

Rudder=-16382,-4182,4202,16383/8

SlopeRudder=15

Throttle=-8967,16192/8

[JoystickCalibration.Cessna Skylane]

ExclThrottleSet=No

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

ApplyHeloTrim=No

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=0

RudderTrimControl=0

CowlFlaps1Control=0

CowlFlaps2Control=0

CowlFlaps3Control=0

CowlFlaps4Control=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

Aileron=-16382,-1003,1102,16383/8

SlopeAileron=5

Elevator=-16382,-1104,1085,16383/8

SlopeElevator=5

Rudder=-16382,-4099,4166,16383/8

SlopeRudder=15

Throttle=-8967,16192/8

[buttons.Cessna Skylane]

0=R0,19,C65892,0

1=R0,21,C65893,0

Oh well , it seems to be working now , thats the main thing, sorry... I promise i wasnt imagining it !

Well, now i think i am going mad .. i cant replicate the fault.

Oh, strange ...

[buttons.Cessna Skyhawk]

0=R0,19,C65892,0

1=R0,21,C65893,0

Pretty standard format. Should be no problem.

[buttons.Cessna Skylane]

0=R0,19,C65892,0

1=R0,21,C65893,0

Same there.

Oh well , it seems to be working now , thats the main thing, sorry... I promise i wasnt imagining it !

It's a little worrying. Please let me know if it happens again. I would need to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks,

Pete