The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 and GoFlight Config 1.70

Hi Pete,

I thought I'd let you know about a GoFlight error affecting FSUIPC4, I think.

First, I have not had this problem until I installed the new GFConfig 1.70.

Something, I think the new GFConfig, is causing the Add-On drop down in FSX to disapear, thereby affecting FSUIPC4 and FSX.

Twice now, while doing an approach, I loose all controls programmed in FSUIPC4. In this case, flight controls. I could not understand why I could not control the aircraft. Nothing worked.

Initially I thought the AP was turned On, but it was Off. After pausing the sim and doing some checking, I noticed the Add-On drop down, where FSUIPC4 is located, was missing. It just wasn't there anymore.

I did receive an error message asking if I wanted to report it to MS. The message info went like this:

fsx-to-module data bridge

AppName: gfdevfsx.exe

AppVer: 1.70.0.0

ModName: ntdll.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180

OffSet: 00018fea

I have emailed GF about this (and apparently others from posts in their forum which the don't respond to) but have not received any reply.

I just wanted to let you know there is a potential problem with GFConfig 1.70 that appears to affect FSUIPC4.

I'll post here when I learn more.

Regards,

Richard

I thought I'd let you know about a GoFlight error affecting FSUIPC4, I think. ...

Something, I think the new GFConfig, is causing the Add-On drop down in FSX to disapear, thereby affecting FSUIPC4 and FSX.

This sounds like it might be related to, or the same in effect, as the problems discussed in thread http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=57105.

That has been reported to Microsoft.

Which version of FSUIPC4 are you running? If it is down to the same Simconnect bug then I did find a work-around which I've implemented in FSUIPC4 recently. If you are not using 4.026 or later, get it from the FSX downloads announcement above and see if it helps. Let me know please. Possibly the problems you are seeing are completely different.

This won't help clashes between other SimConnect clients -- they either all need to take the same steps as I've done, or we need a fix from MS.

I'll be releasing 4.03 next week, replacing the 4.02 on the Schiratti page.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I just checked and I'm running 4.23. I'll download and install the new 4.26.

One thing I have noticed about the GFC170 install. The readme file states:

When you start up FS X, a series of dialog boxes will appear:

- The first dialog asks your permission to run the GoFlight data bridge

application "GFDevFSX.exe". To proceed, click the "Yes" button.

- In this release, the GoFlight data bridge program is not supplied with

a digital signature, and you will see a second dialog informing you

of this. Click the "Run" button to continue.

- A third dialog will now appear, asking whether you would like to run

the GoFlight data bridge as "Trusted" software. Click either "Yes" or

"No" on this dialog.

I only get the first dialog box. Not sure why the others do not appear. I'll refer this to GF.

I also uninstalled GFC170, redownloaded, and installed. I have yet to see the drop down disappear but the sim hasn't been running very long.

I'll post again.

Regards,

Richard

Pete,

Add-on drop down disappeard with 4.26 installed. GFConfig 1.70 was running.

I did a quick flight in Alaska. All was fine through the flight. Landed, was taxing on an unimproved surface when the wing clipped an evergreen tree.

FSX reloaded and sent me back to the starting point of the flight, which was inflight. No flight controls. I looked and Add On was missing.

Let me know if you have any other ideas. Enough flying for today.

Regards,

Richard