The simFlight Network Forums

Misleading time info on SimMarket

Just a word of warning to anyone thinking of buying a reg key for FSUIP through SimMarket. Their site promises that keys will be sent out within 24 hours, but that's actually not true, which they admit on being called on it.

I have been a paid user of FSUIPC since before SimMarket were even involved - back when Pete was simply asking for donations, and have every intention of continuing to be so.

When I got my FSX installed and running on Friday, therefore, the very next thing I did was to download and install FSUIPC4, and then go to SimMarket to buy a key to register my copy. I paid via PayPal, and expected to get my key on Saturday. Saturday comes, no key, so I ask SimMarket where it is.

Their response was "Oh, you used PayPal to buy it. If people use PayPal it can take us several days to get our money from PayPal, so we won't send you the key till we collect."

Well I can perfectly understand them not wanting to send out something that they haven't yet been paid for, but they should be HONEST with their customers and tell them UP FRONT that the "within 24 hours" may not apply to PayPal customers!

If their site said "Within 24 hours except for PayPal customers" I'd have used a credit card. I wanted to spend some of my thanksgiving weekend setting up the buttons and keys for my cockpit, and get to play with my new FSX, and because of their misleading site, I couldn't.

So, if anyone else out there is planning to register their FSUIPC soon, be warned - DON'T use PayPal if you want the key in a hurry!

Oh, and Pete - they were pretty snotty about it to me too - any chance you'll be selling it through another vendor at any time - I hate giving my business to someone with such obvious disdain for their clients.

Richard

Just a word of warning to anyone thinking of buying a reg key for FSUIP through SimMarket. Their site promises that keys will be sent out within 24 hours, but that's actually not true, which they admit on being called on it.

Actually, now that the system has been fully automated most of the time they are supplied within minutes, not even hours. This only doesn't apply for uncleared monies, such as through unvalidated PayPal or cheques through the post. The PayPal method was only added recently of course. A validated PayPal account should be pretty much instantaneous -- it has been for me through SimMarket for other purchases.

Oh, and Pete - they were pretty snotty about it to me too - any chance you'll be selling it through another vendor at any time - I hate giving my business to someone with such obvious disdain for their clients.

I'm very sorry -- I don't know who you spoke too, but I've found the management to be very helpful, friendly and first class. I have no intention of moving as they have always been excellent.

I shall of course forward your complaints, but I'm sure you must be misinterpreting something here.

Regards

Pete

My PayPal account is validated - I've had for years and used it for dozens of purchases.

"I don't know who you spoke too, but I've found the management to be very helpful, friendly and first class."

I don't know either - the unsigned replies to my Trouble Ticket basically just said "Not our problem".

"I have no intention of moving as they have always been excellent."

I wasn't so much meaning "moving" as maybe making the keys available through someone else as well siuch as the Avsim store, or even direct PayPal payments to you.

Richard

I wasn't so much meaning "moving" as maybe making the keys available through someone else as well siuch as the Avsim store, or even direct PayPal payments to you.

No, sorry. SimMarket do all the work leaving me to develop and support, and they are very effective.

I asked the management and they said you "paid by check via paypal, and paypal just like anyone else waits for the check to clear before sending any payment". This is why they cannot do anything about it.

I maintain a small PayPal balance for immediate purchases, which makes the difference.

Regards

Pete

Hi All,

Richard, you probably used the E-check portion of PayPal. This is no different then using a paper check. You write the check, the other party takes the check to the bank, waits for the check to clear and then sends you your purchase. As Pete said, a direct PayPal account payment would have been very fast.

We know this, because Active Sky can be purchased in the same manner and purchasers must wait up to 72 hours for their payment to clear before we can complete their purchase.

I know when I bought FSUIPC4 on the first day it was released I selected the wrong payment method in Paypal and it used an echeck. Just like others have commented, I simply had to wait a few days for the echeck to clear.

Thankfully I had a beta version which wasnt due to expire in the interim.