The simFlight Network Forums

Do you see the pictures?

Hi

For 2 years I am building a B58 simulator.

The project is going well and should be operational next summer.

Operatonal but not completed.

I have 2 things to ask .

First -do you see the Yaou pictures site?

2-

I know it is possible to change landing lights positioning( LEFT,RIGHT,CENTER ,UP,DOWN) I think this is needed for helicopter spot light.

Of course in the Fs Baron you find 1 landing light switch by default ON light is centered OFF no light.

In a real Baron you will find 2 switches Left and Right.

What I would like to do is to program the switches so if Right is on= light is on right only. If Left= light is left only . If Both swithces on =light is centered.

Off =off.

To do this I would need the ofset (eaxadecimal) for the landing light position. But I dont find it. I only found ofset to set it on or off.

Any one can help me.

I dont have time now to make a real sit for my project.

If you have question how to do things you see on picture you can ask me.

There is some comments on the pictures but it is a litle hard to read.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/amarante6/my_photos

Hi,

1. Yes I can see the pictures. An impressive project you have going on there. The Baron is my favourite too. Would you mind coming over and build one for me as well ? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. I'm not sure but I think what you want to achieve with the landing lights is not possible. I have no idea whether or not this could be coded into the aircraft model and be controlled by special controls/keys but per default I think FS doesn't have separate controls for left/right landing lights. Also the light beams are just textures that are overlaid on the surface which is to be illuminated. They are used for all aircraft.

So it might be possible to light up the landing lights on the engine covers separately but the illumination of the runway/tarmac can only be on or off I think - at least in FS9.

Regards,

Frank

What I would like to do is to program the switches so if Right is on= light is on right only. If Left= light is left only . If Both swithces on =light is centered.

Off =off.

To do this I would need the ofset (eaxadecimal) for the landing light position. But I dont find it. I only found ofset to set it on or off.

FS only supports landing lights on or off. There's no separate switching for left, right (or, for airliners, retractable left and right). I expect it would be possible for a panel/model builder to add such things, but the extra lights would have to be controlled by invented controls, keystrokes, mouse clicks, or possibly private mapping into FSUIPC offsets.

Regards

Pete

the glare shield is made with fiberglass covered with 4 ways strechable vinyle. You have to take care about the glue you will use. I had issues about glueing. I have still things to fix because I didnt' use the good glue.

The mold must be covered of PVA or wax so the resine wont' stick on it.

This mold as you can see on piture 20 is subject to get trouble getting it out of the fiberglas shape. You can see on 21 the finished product but still dirthy.

The advantage of this is that the glare shield is the structure of my dash ans still it is empty so you can put inside it all electronic you need.

In my case I have Wite flood light and main anuciator panel.