The simFlight Network Forums

SB3 switch Assignment

Hi Pete, is it possible for you to add to the FSUIPC drop down list the option to assign a switch/button to activate the squawk STBY function within squawkbox.

What action is needed, exactly? Sorry, I don't recall and don't have the reference to hand. Isn't it a simple matter of toggling a bit in an offset, something that can already be done with one of the Offset Byte controls?

Regards

Pete

the list of Squawkbox 3 offsets is here: http://squawkbox.ca/doc/sdk/fsuipc.php . I think the one Lucy mentioned is 0x7b91 .

So you can program a button to use the FSUIPC added control "Offset Byte Togglebits" with Offset x7b91 and parameter 1.

Alternatively, if you are programming a switch instead, use "Offset Byte Setbits" to set Stby and "Offset Byte Clrbits" to set Normal, both with offset x7b91 and parameter 1, again.

I think this is easy enough without needing a specially named control as well, don't you?

Regards

Pete

Hi

I used this facilities and realy appreciate it.

And by the way is it possible to clear or set a specific bit .

The best example I have is the ofset that control lights.

0x0D0C

I would have 1 switch for each light I need.

Each of these switch would set or clear a specific bit.

EX: switch that clear or set the bit 4 controles the strobes.

And by the way is it possible to clear or set a specific bit .

Yes, of course. That is precisely what controls such as "Offset Byte Setbits" and "Offset Byte Clrbits" are for! I mentioned these already!

The best example I have is the ofset that control lights.

0x0D0C

That is a "word" so you'd use "Offset Word Setbits" and "Offset Word Clrbits". The bits which are set or cleared are specified by the parameter. You can change one or several bits -- the parameter is simply a mask, the sum of the bits to be changed. If you only have a bit number then that is the power of 2, for example:

bit 0 = 1

bit 1 = 2

bit 2 = 4

bit 7 = 128

nit 8 = 256

bit 15 = 32768

Regards

Pete