The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with SimMarket

Hi, I have been trying for a few days to buy fsuipc3 (fs9). First I used my Visa debit card. This is the same card that my wife and I use on the internet all the time to buy stuff. SimMarket wouldn't accept it. They said it's blocked. I did a trouble ticket about it. They sent me a stock answer that didn't mean anything and suggested I use paypal. I responded to their response and never heard back.

Then I ordered using paypal. This went through and my order number is 396784. I was sent a receipt. When I didn't get a key within 24 hours I filled out another trouble ticket. They said they didn't get paid from paypal and now not to use paypal but to use a credit card. All I have is a Visa debit card that is good all over except SimMarket. I just responded to their response about this. Maybe I'll hear from them or, like the previous time, maybe I won't.

If you can solve this so I can get a key, I would greatly appreciate it.

I was sent a receipt. When I didn't get a key within 24 hours ...

I thought you had to go retrieve your key, not wait for it to be sent? with all the stuff I've ever bought from them that was how it worked.

If you can solve this so I can get a key, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm not sure i can do anything except send them a copy of your message here. Of course your identity will be your false "name" here -- why do people like to hide behind them? What is there to be ashamed of? -- so I don't see how it can help at all.

Regards

Pete

I did try to retrieve my key after I didn't receive it within 24 hours. It wasn't there. That's when I did my second trouble ticket.

There was a thread about fsuipc on the SimForum board so I told my woes. Someone advised I post here, that you might be able to help since it was your product. That made sense so I did. If you can't help, I haven't lost anything.

I don't hide my name. I'm not ashamed of anything. Almost everyone uses a nick name on internet forums, less so on flight sim ones though. I've been using rich12545 (first name and dob 12-5-45) for years on many different gaming forums. If you sent my post to SimMarket it will include my order number. That should be enough for them to identity me.

There was a thread about fsuipc on the SimForum board so I told my woes. Someone advised I post here, that you might be able to help since it was your product. That made sense so I did. If you can't help, I haven't lost anything.

I've sent a copy of your original message here to the Manager of SimMarket. I really can't do anything else. Sorry. Let's see if he can help.

I don't hide my name. I'm not ashamed of anything. Almost everyone uses a nick name on internet forums, less so on flight sim ones though. I've been using rich12545 (first name and dob 12-5-45) for years on many different gaming forums. If you sent my post to SimMarket it will include my order number. That should be enough for them to identity me.

Yes, okay. I didn't notice the order number before.

Regards

Pete

If you sent my post to SimMarket it will include my order number. That should be enough for them to identity me.

Okay. the Manager kindly personally checked into exactly what happened here, and this is his reply:

1. we do not accept debit cards, it's quite simple :-), never have, as we do not have any contracts with he companies about this cards.

2. apparently he did not return from the paypal site to simmarket as instructed (there is a button he only has to click). then paypal does not finalize the payment and he ends up with an unpaid order.

what he can do:

1. redo order from scratch, follow all the steps via paypal and return to simmarket

2. use any other payment option: cash, bank transfer

I hope this is clear and enables you to sort out what you want to do.

Regards

Pete

Strange response, to be sure. I've used my Visa Debit card at SimMarket several times over the past few years...

...after all, that's the entire point of having a card with either Visa or MasterCard backing, so the vendor can treat it as if it were a credit card if they don't support direct debit support...

I agree. A Visa/MC debit card is advertised as usable anywhere. This whole thing is weird. After I wrote a trouble ticket inquiring about my key, this is their response:

Paypal has not passed any payment to us, therefore we cannot deliver your order.

please check with Paypal and eventually reorder directly with your credit card, without using Paypal. Sorry for the inconvinience.

So after declining my card, they are telling me to use it. Here's what I wrote back:

I can't reorder using my credit card. You won't take it. You say it's blocked. I wrote to you about it and you never answered. So how can I get this product?

Their answer:

The answer is the same we gave you last time:

we do not accept debit cards, please use PayPal as with your last order

Why you didn't complete the PayPal transaction is out of our knowledge

They FINALLY told me they don't accept debit cards. However, according to the previous post, only some debit cards.

My final response:

1. It looked like the paypal transaction was completed.

and

2. You sent me a receipt so it seemed the deal was done.

3. If you don't accept debit cards, you should say so on your main page.

4. When I submitted my debit card, you should have said you don't accept them instead of just saying it was blocked.

5. You people are extremely rude.

Pete, if there's some other place or some other way I can order fsuipc for fs9, I will be pleased to do so. I am not going to do business with SimMarket.

Paypal has not passed any payment to us, therefore we cannot deliver your order.

As in the response I gave, this was because you didn't follow the instructions. I have purchased from SimMarket many times using PayPal. Just follow the instructions -- you MUST return to SimMarket by pressing the button to do so -- this confirms!

So after declining my card, they are telling me to use it.

No no no! You are reading "debit" the same as "credit". Look at what you just posted. See the obvious difference?

Pete, if there's some other place or some other way I can order fsuipc for fs9, I will be pleased to do so. I am not going to do business with SimMarket.

Sorry, no. I'm not taking sides here, but it looks like a lot of misunderstanding, no one being rude at all. Check the wording again.

Regards

Pete

Pete, not to beat a dead horse, but this is a case of poor service and poor communication from SimMarket. Not a misunderstanding.

I originally ordered with my Visa debit card. They came back and said it was blocked. No mention at all that they don't accept debit cards.

I don't like to use paypal because it's my wife's business account. I once tried to set up my own but paypal won't because it's the same debit card and checking account. So I followed your suggestion in the documentation and used my debit card with paypal. It looked like it went through fine. There was no button to complete the transaction that I could see. It looked like it was done.

I received a receipt from SimMarket. It said I would receive another email to let me know that I could download the key. When I did not receive it within 24 hours I started a trouble ticket and the result is above.

Poor service. Poor communication.

And rudeness. Look at the tone in their last response. Not the kind of thing you'd expect from a company wanting your business.

I'm sorry there is no other outlet to order fsuipc. This is a lose-lose situation. I don't get your product and you don't get my money.