The simFlight Network Forums

Reverse Axis Assignments

Hi, this probally has been coverd but in my searches i found nothing usefull, Is there a way when assigning axis to reverse the command. EG. i have a Saitek throtle system and i want my flaps setting to work from top to bottom. I have tried many things but to no preveil. a point in the right direction would be appreiated.

Hi, this probally has been coverd but in my searches i found nothing usefull, Is there a way when assigning axis to reverse the command. EG. i have a Saitek throtle system and i want my flaps setting to work from top to bottom. I have tried many things but to no preveil. a point in the right direction would be appreiated.

Are you asking about FS in general, or when using assignments in FSUIPC?

If you assign in FS there's a reverse checkbox there. It is in the column curiously marked "Reverse".

If you calibrate in FSUIPC there's a reverse checkbox there, not really so obscurely marked "Rev". ;-)

For FSUIPC reversal make sure you check the reverse option before calibrating, as the calibration points will not be symmetric.

And if you assign in FS and calibrate in FSUIPC, don't reverse in both places or they will cancel each other out!

Regards

Pete

Cheers for that quick reply. Ah yes i am trying to calibrate my throttle using FSUIPC in general. I cant seem to find that REV option anywhere, the only thing close with in the Axis Assignment tab is a tab that says RAW. I have deleted all assignments within FS itself so it wont cancel out the other. The throttle axis works fine its just the Spoilers and flaps.lol..

I cant seem to find that REV option anywhere, the only thing close with in the Axis Assignment tab is a tab that says RAW.

As I said, and as clearly documented, the REV option is a checkbox evidently totally obscurely labelled "REV" in the joystick calibrations . Why would you expect it in the Assignments at all?? You could assign to FS control and reverse it there or calibrate it in FSUIPC and reverse it there. You don't seem to read what I write! :-(

Please please please do refer to the supplied documentation. It would save a lot of time for both of us.

Pete

cant seem to find that REV option anywhere

It a bit getting used to

'Axis assignement' you assign an action to an axis (movement)

then

'Joystick calibration' <> any - above - assignment that Needs calibration, like Flaps Spoilers

right arrow in 'Joystick calibration', go to 6 of 11 'trim throttle flap' (there's 11 pages x 4 Defined Assignments)

Flaps: FIRST here you tick the REV box (aha)

then set bottom set top

FSuipc Automatically Reads The Amount Of Flap Settings From The Aircraft.cfg, So 1 Whole Lever Range Fits All

(you'll start doing "aircraft specific" when 1 <> 2 <> 4 engine AC)

Spoiler has 3 modes: Not, Armed, Extended (in pilot speak, its Down Armed or Up)

I have a CH Throttle Quad With An Indent, so

3 'Positions':>

also REV ticked

1. upper to top of indent, 2. top to bottom of indent, 3. below indent

and makes for the 3 modes, and the Indent fits nicely around the "Armed" position

I have lots of levers, so I have 1 lever for 1. Upper Half: Gear Up, 2. Lower Half: Gear Down :)

also have a Saitek Yoke, Great, 150% improvement over my previous CH

and with 'compounded buttons', I have way more than 13 definitions :)

(per aircraft I have like 80 button lines)

mt

• 13 years later...

Hello

Already excuse me for my low level of English, I am not English and I use google translation.

I looked carefully at the REV function of Fsuipc 6
I managed to use it for the function Separate throttles 1 and 2 because I have the REV function in each insert but when I want to do it with the mixture and separate prop pitch I end up with the inverted controllers despite the active REV function 

I can not find solutions that absolutely want to go through FSUIPC in order to work on version 6 and 7 for FS2020

Help me!!!

Best Regards

Arnaud

Prepar3D v5.1
Fsuipc 6.0.14b
FS2020
Fsuipc 7.0.8
Honeycomb Bravo

01.png

1.png

18 hours ago, ademorant said:

I managed to use it for the function Separate throttles 1 and 2 because I have the REV function in each insert but when I want to do it with the mixture and separate prop pitch I end up with the inverted controllers despite the active REV function 

The reverse function definitely reverses the direction of the axis changes. It operates in the same way on all axes with the option set. Did you re-calibrate each one after setting REV? You need to do so.

And of course make sure the same controls aren't also assigned in P3D. they could be interfering if so.

Pete

19 hours ago, ademorant said:

when I want to do it with the mixture and separate prop pitch I end up with the inverted controllers despite the active REV function 

As well as what Pete has said, maybe the axis doesn't need reversing - did you try with the Rev checkbox unchecked? Or are you saying there is no difference to the axis output values regardless of that setting?

thanks for the support

So here's my problem (mix and prop pitch)

image 1 is without the option "REV" I have the good set mini and max (-16324 and 16324) but I'm reversed in Prepar3D

image 2 is with the option "REV" I have only the controller 1 that is reversed, but not the controller 2 (for the mixture and prop pitch) can be seen in the window "lm" and "out" and always the good mini and max

Normally the controller 2 copy the controller 1 but not in reality I move at the same time and similarly the 2 controllers, I still have a reversal in FSUIPC just as in prepar3d

the controller 1 works well (min max) but not the 2 -> controller if it is in the min position it is max in prepar3d and vice versa position max > mini position in prepar3d.

I haven't found any other 'REV' feature options (windows, Prepar3D)

There is only the controller 1 that has the function "REV" never the controller 2 (mixture and prop pitch) 

compared to throttles that have the option "REV" axes 1, 2, 3 ... (picture 3)

thank you for any help

Arnaud

sans rev.png

avec rev.png

01.png

6 minutes ago, ademorant said:

There is only the controller 1 that has the function "REV" never the controller 2 (mixture and prop pitch) 

This is because you are mapping your mixture 1 settings to 2,3 & 4, as indicated by the message 'Axis copied from mix 1'. It looks like its not copying the reverse to the other axis.

What version of FSUIPC and what FS are you using? Could you show me your FSUIPC.ini file please, as well as a .log file.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Try removing these from the [JoystickCalibration] section of your ini files:

MapProp=Yes
MapMixture=Yes

then reload you assignments.

Or uncheck the 'Map to 4props' and 'Map to 4 Mixt' checkboxes on page 2 of the calibration screens. You don't need to do this as you are using separate axes for mixture1/2 & propPitch1/2.
Once that's done, you can calibrate your Mixture1/2 on page 4 of the calibration screens, and as they are using separate axes  you should calibrate both mixture1 and mixture2 (and not map, unless you want to map your 2 axes to 4).

3 hours ago, ademorant said:

with deleting the lines in the ini file I was able to assign the axes for each controller and any function properly now

glad it is sorted, but:

Those lines correspond to the "Map to 4 Mixtures" and "Map to 4 Prop Pitches" options on Page 2 of the Calibrations. That page is concerned with assignments made to the generic "Mixture" and "PropPitch" controls, whereas not only do you not have any such assignments, you have two specific Engine 1 & 2 assignments in any case, and  so don't even need any mapping except possibly for 3 or 4 engined props.

The calibrations for the 4 mixtures and 4 props were therefore conflicted with trying to copy non-existent generic axis assignments as well as dealing with local specific assignments.

I would be interested to know why you set those mappings up in the first place. These mix ups really have not been reported before, even though this system has been the same for some 20+ years!

Pete

20 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I would be interested to know why you set those mappings up in the first place. These mix ups really have not been reported before, even though this system has been the same for some 20+ years!

Thanks for this info

So I have the "honeycomb Bravo" and I'm working on the construction of a home cockpit house on the basis of a Baron 58, twin-engine that the bravo handles perfectly (6 axis).

I am sour Prepar3D but also FS2020 and so I have 2 systems to manage 

So I have FSuipc 6 and 7 full in order to have a single file ini to manage but that it is also easier to put the ini file back in place than everything to have to redo the joystick assignments
(Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, BBI-32, BU0836 and rudder)

I also have to work with Widefs and mobiflight

here's why I'm working on assignments with Fsuipc, after I do not know if this is the best way but it seems to me that yes??

again thank you for the support of your wonderful app

having a level of English google traduc it's also not too easy for me to understand the various forums and tutorials

Arnaud