The simFlight Network Forums

On the water

Hi Pete,

Hope you had a nice trip.

I am interfacing the Grumman Goose to the It's Your Plane (IYP) application. I need to execute different IYP checklists, depending upon whether the aircraft is "on the ground", or "on the water".

Is there any way to detect this (besides GPS Latitude / Longitude) that is similar to the OFFSET 366?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Robert Cezar

http://www.ItsYourPlane.com

BTW, since you're obviously the alternate GURU on FSUIPC, and I hate bothering Pete (not to say I want to bother you), I have one other question that perhaps you can answer.

Is there's a way to control the extension and retraction of the floats on the Grumman Goose?

Irrespective of the outcome, I thank you in advance. You've already saved me a ton of time with the previous answer!

Robert

I did a really poor job of explaining what I needed. I was looking for an OFFSET so that I can determine if the FLOATS are UP or DOWN.

There's no offset for these at present, but the data is available through SimConnect and I could add them if required (for FSX only). They are just some of many items not yet requested.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the quick replay.

Well, in terms of running down checklists with It's Your Plane, it's pretty much a requirement. However, I have implemented a "Get Around" by having the Co-Pilot say, "Ensure that the floats are retracted, then say Checked or Roger." So, it's not life-threatening. Nonetheless, if you get the urge, it would be helpful.

Thanks again Pete.

r :)