The simFlight Network Forums

ShortAircraftNameOk

I know there is a clever naming convention within FSUIPC to allow multiple liveries of the same aircraft to assume the same button, axis, etc configuration without having to do them one by one, but I can´t for the life of me remember how to do it.

I know I have to "Yes" the relevant line in the FSUIPC .ini file, but which line in the aircraft .cfg has to show the common (ie no variation) name?

Thanks.

I know there is a clever naming convention within FSUIPC to allow multiple liveries of the same aircraft to assume the same button, axis, etc configuration without having to do them one by one, but I can´t for the life of me remember how to do it.

You don't need to remember. Thanks to Peter Hayes there's an easy guide published as an Appendix in recent editions of the FSUIPC Advanced user's Guide. Look near the back.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, I was looking for the answer also and there is no mention in the Appendix of the FSUIPC Advanced user's Guide Published, 28th April 2008. Can please post a link to it as I've installed your upadated version and the new Guide wasn't contained in the download. Thanks.

Hi Pete, I was looking for the answer also and there is no mention in the Appendix of the FSUIPC Advanced user's Guide Published, 28th April 2008. Can please post a link to it as I've installed your upadated version and the new Guide wasn't contained in the download. Thanks.

You are out of date then! :-(

Please update your FSUIPC installation. The currently supported versions are 3.82 and 4,30, as made clear in the "Supported Versions" announcement above. I cannot support old versions and you should always check that you are up to date before seeking help! The advanced user's guide is always included in the installation (it is always in the ZIP for FSUIPC3, and always installed with all of the other documents in your Modules folder for FSX). The current issue is dated July.

Pete

As I said in my pervoius post - I have the latest version - 4.30,

Just had a look at the install file and saw this:

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Failed to install "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf"

Error 32 reported ("The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ")

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix programno longer relevant

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration for FSUIPC4 was successful! (result code 00)

I'm guessing I had the file open when I did the install. Can I downlown load it from a link or do I need to do a reinstall to get the user guide? Thanks.

As I said in my pervoius post - I have the latest version - 4.30

Actually you didn't say that, you said "... installed your upadated version", which could mean any version as they are all updates in effect. It's only ever unambiguous when you give the Version nmuber.

I'm guessing I had the file open when I did the install. Can I downlown load it from a link or do I need to do a reinstall to get the user guide?

You'll have to rerun the Install program. There's nothing wrong with that, it only takes a few seconds and makes no changes to your settings.

Pete