The simFlight Network Forums

Thousands autosave files in the MD-11 PanelState

Hi There,

I carefully read all the messages posted by Kinetika (RE : Autosave and 1444 fragged files posted Fri Nov07 2008 11:34pm) and all the answers and suggestions of Pete.

In my FsX and with the Md-11 I am getting exactly the same problem. So I decided to install the last FSUIPC v4.40 and to apply the Pete's suggestions in adding three lines in FSUIPC.ini.

Here below is a copy of the AutoSave section of FSUIPC.ini :

[AutoSave]

AutoSaveEnabled=Yes

Interval=60

Files=2

SaveOnGround=Yes

Next=1

1=Sun 103808

2=Sun 103908

3=Sat 164448

4=Sat 164547

5=Sat 164647

6=Sat 164746

7=Sat 164846

8=Sat 164945

9=Sat 165045

10=Sat 165145

AlsoManage1=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\Md11\panelstate\*.FLT.sav //Add DD 16/12/08

AlsoManage2=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\Md11\panelstate\*.FLT.0.rte //Add DD 16/12/08

AlsoManage3=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\Md11\panelstate\*.FLT.0.slv.rte //Add DD 16/12/08

This did'nt solve at all the problem and I am still getting thousands Autosave files in my Md-11 PanelState directory.

Any suggestion would be wellcome.

Kind regards and Happy New year to all of you.

Didier DUBREUILH

For me its looks like this, some saves from the MD11 have less entries.

AlsoManage1=PMDG\MD11\PanelState\*.FLT.0.rte 
AlsoManage2=PMDG\MD11\PanelState\*.FLT.0.slv.rte 
AlsoManage3=PMDG\MD11\PanelState\*.FLT.1.rte
AlsoManage4=PMDG\MD11\PanelState\*.FLT.sav
AlsoManage5=PMDG\MD11\PanelState\*.FLT.2.rte
AlsoManage6=PMDG\MD11\PanelState\*.FLT.2.slv.rte
AlsoManage7=PMDG\MD11\PanelState\*.FLT.3.rte

Andy,

Thx for your reply, nevertheless you don't tell me if you are getting the deletion of all the different Autosave files in your PanelState directory.

I confirm that I said in my msg :

I got only three kinds of Autosave files :

*.FLT.SAV

*.FLT.0.RTE

*.FLT.0.SLV.RTE

That's all.

This afternoon I performed a test with the MD-11 for a 01:30 flight. With the AutoSave Section of FSUIPC.ini modified as per my original msg, I got roughly 350 AutoSave files. This means that the three lines added in the AutoSave Section of FSUIPC.ini are doing nothing. If after each flight I don't manually delete these files, after some flights i am getting thousands Autosave files.

For your information I am flyiing the MD-11 with Fsx.

Kind regards

Didier

It was deleting the files I mentioned above up to Alsomanage4 but I found out that since I had had written the original entries in FSUIPC4.ini a few weeks ago there were some new files it hadn't deleted, and I had to add some new entries at 5,6, and 7. Otherwise yes its doing what it should do on my system.

P.s. you dont need to provide the full path as long as the files are within the PMDG folder that is within the main FSX folder. It may be worth just copying what I posted anyway, it wont do any harm.

I had a similar problem with the A2A B377 ".377" files.

I created a simple little batch file to remove those files that are not associated with

a current FSUIPC autosave group containing a ".wx" file.

You might try copying a group of your autosave files along with the 'accumulated'

".rte" filesto a test directory and run this bat file to see if it works for you.

Copy the code below into a text file and save as a ".bat" file in the temporary director.

FOR %F IN (Autosave*.RTE) DO ECHO %F

for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=  " %d in (*.RTE) do echo %d

FOR %F IN (Autosave*.RTE) DO for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=. " %g in ("%F") do echo %g %h %i.WX

FOR %F IN (Autosave*.RTE) DO for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=. " %g in ("%F") do if not exist "%g %h %i.WX" del "%F"

If it works for you then simply move the batch file to your autosave directory and create a shotcut to it

on your desktop. Click the shortcut periodically to purge the excess files.

This code is tailored to the specific autosave file name format of "Autosave day time.extension" and may not work

with the convoluted file extensions used by the MD-11. Something similar to my code could, however, be adapted

to deal with them.

Paul

AlsoManage1=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\Md11\panelstate\*.FLT.sav //Add DD 16/12/08

AlsoManage2=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\Md11\panelstate\*.FLT.0.rte //Add DD 16/12/08

AlsoManage3=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\Md11\panelstate\*.FLT.0.slv.rte //Add DD 16/12/08

This did'nt solve at all the problem and I am still getting thousands Autosave files in my Md-11 PanelState directory.

Did you try without the C++ style comment at the end? I would be concerned that this would be taken as part of the filename. Since spaces have to be allowed (viz the spaces in the path), the presence of a space would be irrelevant, and I don't think Windows treats // as a comment marker in Private Profile (INI) files. They aren't in C or C++.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

That's a good question... I use to add // at the end of lines in various cfg files that I modify for whatever the reason.

Sorry I did'nt think about C + +.

I will immediately correct these three lines and I will let you know what happen.

Pete thank you so much and Happy New Year to you and your Family.

Regards.

Didier