The simFlight Network Forums

Is it possible a new Fsuipc for X-Plane ?

Hello Peter,

after the latest bad news from MS about FS project,

but also after the latest X-Plane versions and new features

many of us, asking, if it will possible to have a X-Fsuipc module, which will be the intermediate between X-Plane and PM's offsets. So in this way we can also have the option to select X-Plane for our small or large home cockpits, based in PM's software.

Also this new module could help all the other software or hardware products, today running for MS-FS9 or FSX to support also X-Plane.

Some threads about this :

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14834

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14848

Do you think, that it could be possible ? If you agree, can you please check this option with Austin Meyer ?

I will be ready to help as possible.

Best regards

Eddie Armaos

eddie (ad) 737 (dot) gr

Athens-Greece

many of us, asking, if it will possible to have a X-Fsuipc module, which will be the intermediate between X-Plane and PM's offsets. So in this way we can also have the option to select X-Plane for our small or large home cockpits, based in PM's software.

Also this new module could help all the other software or hardware products, today running for MS-FS9 or FSX to support also X-Plane.

I think something like that was done once, a few years ago. But Austin changes X-Plane so fast that it never worked for long (or, at least, that was the story I was told).

Do you think, that it could be possible ? If you agree, can you please check this option with Austin Meyer ?

I will be ready to help as possible.

I'm sorry, it wouldn't be me starting such a project. There's nothing wrong with someone else taking up the challenge - and in fact there is already a program of mine, licensed to Project Magenta, which can act as a Server for such a program, servicing WideClients on other PCs. It actually all happened, once, but didn't last long.

I am 66 years old this year and I'm really trying to do less programming and more flying and holidaying as I get older still. It hasn't been working so far -- I had hoped SimConnect would take a load off me for FSX and ESP, but it wasn't to be. However, I'm certainly not looking to take on more work at this time. I have enough on my plate.

Regards

Pete

Peter,

thanks for your reply.

Of course i have to respect your choices and of course i wish you, always enjoy your flights and holidays :D

I don't think you are 66years old, but 66years young, (still enjoying Fs flights) :wink:

I hope that someone else will start this new effort for connect X-Plane and "others" and maybe you could help him, and give him your advices.

regards

Eddie Armaos

I hope that someone else will start this new effort for connect X-Plane and "others" and maybe you could help him, and give him your advices.

Yes, I could help. As I said, it has been done once, for Project Magenta, and worked -- until Austin changed X-Plane again. I think Enrico Schiratti was doing his best but couldn't keep up with Austin's changes.*** Unlike FS, which had a major update only every 2 or 3 years (and for which i've been lucky enough to be involved in Beta testing, so could smooth out the changes), Austin seems to make major changes quite frequently. Or at least he used to. Enrico gave up on it.

Maybe the work done before could be resurrected and updated, but I don't know who would do it now.

And looks at the positive side of no FSXI looming. It gives FSX a much longer life. With no changes to FS for many years, it does make an even better and firmer base for add-on developers, surely?

Regards

Pete

[NOTE ADDED LATER}

*** Note that this is the story as it has been told to me, but it is years old. I expect things have changed since then and, indeed, the story itself has been disputed, and I have seen messages stating that something like the "X-FSUIPC" you propose has indeed been produced. If this is truly the case, then the job seems almost accomplished without any need for further involvement by myself, doesn't it?

It occurss to me Pete that between FSUIPC and SimConnect, there already exists the possibility for someone, or some group to build a sim-outside-the-sim using FSX only as a "base platform," sort of like what ESP was supposed to be... :wink:

Can you please give us, more information about this s/w ?

Sorry, you are asking the wrong person. I'm only going by the statements (quoted from Matt Ford) in the thread over in mycockpit.org, where you referred folks here. Have you not been following it?

Originally Posted by mattford1

"There is a perception out there that Project Magenta and X-Plane cannot be compatible because X-Plane changes its data structure from release to release. This is simply not true. A plugin was developed by Ben Supnik that is very similar to Pete's FSUIPC. This eliminates all together the data issue much as the same way Pete keeps the 3rd party apps running even though things change from release to release of MSFS."

So perhaps you need to ask Matt for more details, or contact Mr. Ben Supnik? I don't have X-plane at present (though I may have a look out of curiosity) and have never had anything to do with it apart from a brief play long ago with a very early version. I didn't like it then, but I see it is up to version 9 now, so I've not really seen at least 6 versions anyway.

Regards

Pete