The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 & Saitek Flight Yoke

I recently installed FSXafter a break.

For some months all was ok and my Saitek Flight Yoke was stable.

Then I remembered FSUIPC4 and installed that too, registered version.

Then my troubles started. My Flight was very unstable and often unresponsive after some minutes of flight using the yoke.

Several reinstalls of latest Saitek drivers did nothing. All tests were done with FSX default flight.

Then I removed FSUIPC4 and suddenly all problems with my yoke disappeared.

What now??? Does this mean that any addon requiring FSUIPC4 is a no-go for me?

Michael

FSUIPC4 won't have anything whatsoever to do with it unless you have made settings to do such things. If you don't know what you've done just delete the FSUIPC4.INI file from the FSX modules folder, so that everything reverts to default -- i.e. no actions by FSUIPC at all.

Pete

FSUIPC4 won't have anything whatsoever to do with it unless you have made settings to do such things. If you don't know what you've done just delete the FSUIPC4.INI file from the FSX modules folder, so that everything reverts to default -- i.e. no actions by FSUIPC at all.

Pete

Odd thing is, that I have not set up anything at all in FSUIPC4. FSUIPC4 was just installed as is and registered.

I have ofcourse set up my Yoke in FSX, but I guess this should not inflict upon FSUIPC4?

My current FSX installation is rather basic as I'm getting a new disc tomorrow and will reinstall FSX on that.

Michael

I'm getting a new disc tomorrow and will reinstall FSX on that.

FYI

I have a Saitek Yoke also

With all new windows & plug-and-play ('Found New Hardware") Saitek USB driver install, drivers for Saitek are automatically installed

and Mode1,2,3 button can only be accessed with Saitek's software

to free Saitek's Mode1,2,3 button for FSUIPC, rename/delete

C:\Windows\System32\SaiD0BAC.pr0 (to SaiD0BAC.pr0.BAK f.i.)

unplug/plug the USB

and then they'll show up in FSuipc

the obvious definition being VC,Panel,SpotView

check, when Saitek is 'found' by FSX, the FSX / 'Controls' option definition / Buttons & Axis of the Saitek, that's by default a regular mess. And you have to delete all (especially Axis definitions) from the FSX Control, or chk them 1 by 1

if your FSX cortrols setup has gone corrupted, delete Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\Standard.XML and FSX will write a new one

if your 'default flight' (that you changed from the Delta wing) has gone corrupted, delete in your FSX.cfg

\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg

the line

SITUATION=\flight simulator x files\.FLT

and FSX will start again with the default Delta wing

mt

• 2 weeks later...

Pete

Odd thing is, that I have not set up anything at all in FSUIPC4. FSUIPC4 was just installed as is and registered.

I have ofcourse set up my Yoke in FSX, but I guess this should not inflict upon FSUIPC4?

My current FSX installation is rather basic as I'm getting a new disc tomorrow and will reinstall FSX on that.

Michael

Just to clear things up:

It seems a USB hub was the culprit here and not FSUIPC4 :?

Installed FSUIPC4 again and all is now well :D

Thanks

Michael