The simFlight Network Forums

MACRO function not doing anything

Hello Mr Dowson

my progress with fsuipc is going very good i have nearlly everything working :D

i tryed the mouse macro function for the first time and are having some problemes

i whant to assigine the ignition/start switch on my a320(fsx/pm)using the defualt a321

1:i go to button +switches and press[ create mouse macro] and i name a file of my choise and press ok

2: i then go with the mouse to press the function to on but nothing happenslike fsuipc is not detecting any mouse press

this happens what ever button i try to press

3: i then go back to FSUIPC and end mouse macro

4:i then go to see if my folder was created and there is no folder in the fs function i beleve its not there becase it can not detect anything

i have the last update of fsuipc and sp2 of fsx have i missed out on any inportant step

kind regards spiro

i whant to assigine the ignition/start switch on my a320(fsx/pm)using the defualt a321

2: i then go with the mouse to press the function to on but nothing happenslike fsuipc is not detecting any mouse press

this happens what ever button i try to press

Yes. The mouse macro facility can only work when the aircraft gauges are written using the standard C/C++ gauge SDK. it relies on their being a distinct tabular structure containing the addresses in code of the routines which execute the mouse clicks.

Almost none of the default FS aircraft are written this way. Unfortunately Microsoft did not use their own SDK to make their aircraft. If you read the documentation on the mouse macro facility I think you will find it tells you that if you get no response then this is the reason.

These days many aircraft panels are not even using compiled code but XML, and there is no way any code hooks can handle that. However, you might be luckier with the local variable facilities instead (L:Vars). Yuo can log them for the aircraft and see if any are usable for your needs, but it is still doubtful.

4:i then go to see if my folder was created and there is no folder in the fs function i beleve its not there becase it can not detect anything

Yes, it is, but it wouldn't create a folder in any case, even if it worked. It would create a macro file.

i have the last update of fsuipc

I'm afraid that is a meaningless statement. Please always state version numbers. Folks have said they had the latest version and were found to be using months old versions -- they merely meant the last one they'd seen! Version numbers are easy to find. They are on screen, in the log, in the DLL file properties.

Regards

Pete

I can confirm that the Captain Sim 757 is also not compatible.

Pete, it may be a good idea to create a sticky post, allowing people to reply with non-compatible add-ons, so that we FSUIPC users can have a list of non-compatible FSX Aircraft.

Just a thought.

Jack :D

PS: I sorted the weather "problems" out :)

Pete, it may be a good idea to create a sticky post, allowing people to reply with non-compatible add-ons, so that we FSUIPC users can have a list of non-compatible FSX Aircraft.

If you'd like to post the starter for this, in an appropriately entitled thread, I will make it "sticky".

Regards

Pete

Hello Jack, hello Pete,

Of course you have both the best thoughts to make such a list sticky and name Addons which are not compatible with FSUIPC Macros...

But it has also the taste of a kind of "banning list" (don't know a good english expression)

For example, the A2A Accusim products don't work with macros.

Many functions of the PMDG J41 don't work with Macros, because the J41 don't have much 2D panels.

But these are excellent products!

I find it better to try to investigate in LUA variables and find out, how addons will work with FSUIPCs help, instead of marking them as simply "non-working"

But thats just my opinion...

For example, the A2A Accusim products don't work with macros.

Many functions of the PMDG J41 don't work with Macros, because the J41 don't have much 2D panels.

But these are excellent products!

Of course.

I find it better to try to investigate in LUA variables and find out, how addons will work with FSUIPCs help, instead of marking them as simply "non-working"

Perhaps you could add this excellent point of view and advice to the Stickie? Please?

Regards

Pete

Perhaps you could add this excellent point of view and advice to the Stickie? Please?

don't wanted to "destroy" the sticky, but if you wish I will post this statement there, also...

Of course. Anything helpful, and non-destructive, will be most welcome! You could put in some links to your excellent examples too!

Regards

Pete

If you look at the "no macro"-sticky thread from yesterday, thats what I meant with "i don't want to destroy the sticky".... :wink:

Maybe you can take out my arguments from the sticky...

The discussion about it should be here in the forum, I think.

As you like...

I find the sticky "Addons which work with MACROs" also not very lucky, because theres now only the simcheck airbus....

Everybody will wonder why there are not more aircraft.

But you could simply add every addon there with no system deepth...every carenado, Alphasim, etc etc for example.

Other argument here is, that my A2A P47 is working very well with MACROs, but inside the Macros are "only" LUA Variables.

Is this now a Macro intended to the post or not? or to both?? :wink:

Goal of the MACRO stickies is (if I'm right) to list all aircraft addons, whose functions are assignable to hardware modules...?

so, for constructive critic, why don't do we make ONE sticky where all Addons are listed which are assignable to hardware through FSUIPC?

We add there all Addons and behind them we write if they will work with Macros, LUAs, both or don't work.

So, no addon gets "banned", no potential customer gets frightened....

peace everywhere :mrgreen:

hello everyone

sorry about the late replly but i got a bit lost ,

i am not so good with thease things as i undersand Mr Dowson the defualt a321 is no cababel of macros so i have to find a better addon a320

i hade used it in the past with wilcos airbus but i have PM know working on a network so i have to find a addon the will work

i thing this idea with what will work with mouse macros is a fantastic idea it will help alot to every one

kind regards and thanks for all the help

spiros