The simFlight Network Forums

How to install a LUA file or script

guenseli

• 1 year later...

Could you tell me where I can locate the initial.lua file or do I have to create one? I've seen many posts about the missing initial.lua but not a word on where it can be found. I read many of Peter's replies to that very question but he never says where it can be found.

Thank you

Could you tell me where I can locate the initial.lua file or do I have to create one? I've seen many posts about the missing initial.lua but not a word on where it can be found. I read many of Peter's replies to that very question but he never says where it can be found.

Unless you've written one you want to use there won't be one. What is concerning you? And where exactly are all these posts about a missing initial.lua? If I've seen one and replied I've said exactly the same as here. If you haven't written one there isn't one. It's an optional file to do whatever you need doing in the client before FS is connected -- unlike other Lua files which are only loaded AFTER FS connects. Whast is it you want INITIAL.Lua to do for you?

If you are interested in what Lua plug-ins can do for you, please refer to the Lua documentation installed for you in the FSUIPC Documents folder in the FS Modules folder.

If you have a problem please state what it is -- over in the Support Forum. A progress message telling you things for information is not an error and is not a problem. If you are reading the WideClient log file to find a solution to a problem, please tell me what the problem is, because latching onto normal progress messages won't help.

But please please post questions in the Support Forum!

Pete

• 9 years later...
On 1/13/2011 at 5:11 PM, guenseli said:

Hello,

I have written a little tutorial how to "install" LUA files and scripts.

I have tried to write it in a hopefully uncomplicated way with many pictures, so that everybody could set it properly up...

Enjoy!

Lua Installation.pdf 453.01 kB · 934 downloads

Hi , I have problem on off gps.i fly c172 a2a in P3Dv4. I show u my problem.that link vedio

First, you posted in the FAQ section that it over 10 years old. If you would like  support, and it is related to FSUIPC (or one of the other products we provide), please post in the main support forum: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/
And please DO NOT POST a video. We require a description of your issue together with any relevant files, usually at least your FSUIPC ini and log files.

Please read this: 

John