The simFlight Network Forums

Problem configuring Goflight EFIS device

Yes, but he didn't put your macro code into a Macro file for reference in his INI file, he put your macros into the [buttons.Jets] section of his INI file where they'll be rejected as invalidly formatted lines. Macros go in macro files.

I don't think he'd know either way as it isn't his Lua at all, it's one he got from the User Contributions subforum. If I thought he could handle Lua file editing I'd have explained a much more efficient way of accomplishing the whole thing in any case. I was going to follow through with such, as I hinted at right at the start, but since he understands hardly anything I write, or possibly simply doesn't read much of it, it really would be pointless. I hope he can find someone who can speak his language.

Regards

Pete

I am really upset, because although with limitations, I do understand English enough to realize that you did knew I couldnt handle Lua file editing when you answered me in your post #5: "Not in any "INI". Save the Lua plug-in from that thread I pointed you too, into the FS modules folder, with a name like "PMDG747.lua", then load up FS, go to FSUIPC button assignments, and assign to "Lua PMDG747" with the parameter needed as listed in that program, or even in the thread itself.", to my post #4 which said: "Thanks Pete and Prokopiu for your replies, but my limited knowledge makes me only able to use basic FSUIPC configuration options.- How can I implement what you said in my ini ?".-.-

Your explanation, for which I was grateful, was at that moment enough clear for me,even not knowing anything about Lua programming, and made me able to configure all the functions of the EFIS with the exception of the Mode and Range knobs.-

That situation motivated my post #9: "Thanks Pete And how can I program the Mode and Range rotaries, provided that the Guenseli's list, included only increase and decrease parameters for both ? (16 to 19) Regards Jorge" , which you answered with your posts #10 and #12, which in my opinion were'nt enough clear to somebody with a limited knowledge as yo knew I was.-

Then came your post #16 in which instead of giving me a solution, you nearly treated me as dumb.-

Then came Andydigital who, with good will, kindly attempted to give me a solution.- I was confused about it and as it included line numbers in sequence with my ini buttons section, I didnt treated as a macro, and so pasted at the ini, which was not at all illogical, as Andydigital in a certain way recognized when he asked you "isn't my button macro above calling parameters in his Lua script?"

But the most offensive and unjustified of all came with your post #25, which is quoted, and in which you said, beside some other things which I better forget about: "If I thought he could handle Lua file editing I'd have explained a much more efficient way of accomplishing the whole thing".- You were quite aware of the limited extense of my knowledge, why didnt you explained from the beggining that "more efficient way accomplishing the whole thing" ?.-

Up to the moment, every time I asked you for support, I got it quickly, eficiently and in good terms, so I dont know what happened this time with you.-

Regards

Jorge

Then came your post #16 in which instead of giving me a solution, you nearly treated me as dumb.

Not a "dumb" but someone who evidently hasn't the patience to read all of the words and instead just ploughs ahead regardless.

Then came Andydigital who, with good will, kindly attempted to give me a solution.- I was confused about it and as it included line numbers in sequence with my ini buttons section, I didnt treated as a macro, and so pasted at the ini, which was not at all illogical,

I know. I pointed out that, though Andy posted macros for you, you thought they were INI file lines.

Up to the moment, every time I asked you for support, I got it quickly, eficiently and in good terms, so I dont know what happened this time with you.-

I explained things to you, I enumerated solutions, and you simply ignored half of what i said. Patience has limits. I'm simply not going to continue repeating and expanding on things if you can't be bothered to use a little more time and effort, and read things properly.

I thought, as I said, that this must be down to lack of English, but from your latest tirade this is evidently not the correct diagnosis. :-(

I'm sorry, but I'm not responding any more in this thread. It has taken enough hours of my life without any reward for either of us as it is. My 'corrected' lines from Andy's post, included in one of my replies, should make it work for you. If not, please seek help elsewhere.

Pete

Not a "dumb" but someone who evidently hasn't the patience to read all of the words and instead just ploughs ahead regardless.

I know. I pointed out that, though Andy posted macros for you, you thought they were INI file lines.

I explained things to you, I enumerated solutions, and you simply ignored half of what i said. Patience has limits. I'm simply not going to continue repeating and expanding on things if you can't be bothered to use a little more time and effort, and read things properly.

I thought, as I said, that this must be down to lack of English, but from your latest tirade this is evidently not the correct diagnosis. :-(

I'm sorry, but I'm not responding any more in this thread. It has taken enough hours of my life without any reward for either of us as it is. My 'corrected' lines from Andy's post, included in one of my replies, should make it work for you. If not, please seek help elsewhere.

Pete

Nothing of what you said changes the fact that you said: "If I thought he could handle Lua file editing I'd have explained a much more efficient way of accomplishing the whole thing", you clearly knew from the beginning that my knowledge was basic, and you didnt.-

Jorge

Nothing of what you said changes the fact that you said: "If I thought he could handle Lua file editing I'd have explained a much more efficient way of accomplishing the whole thing", you clearly knew from the beginning that my knowledge was basic, and you didnt.-

Yes, exactly what i said and why I didn't! I don't know why you are re-stating the obvious?

Pete

Yes, exactly what i said and why I didn't! I don't know why you are re-stating the obvious?

Pete

If you referr to your post #23, yes, you did it indeed, but lately today, and after maltreating me in you former mails.-

And by the way, the "corrected" lines at that post, work only partially as the movements doesnt match.-

If you referr to your post #23, yes, you did it indeed, but lately today, and after maltreating me in you former mails.-

And by the way, the "corrected" lines at that post, work only partially as the movements doesnt match.-

As I feared, I suspect that's because the Lua program you are calling looks to be quite long and has to be loaded, compiled and executed for each line in the INI. A shorter one with just the entries you want might do the job, but I doubt it. In the end the only sane way would be to program the sequences themselves properly in a Lua plug-in. Maybe an appeal to the original Lua programmer for the one you are using might elicit results. I'm sorry, but I'm giving up now. I don't want to be accused of maltreating you again as is bound to happen with your way of not reading my answers, so it's a sorry good bye from me, and good luck.

Pete