The simFlight Network Forums

Registration problems

I've recently switched from XP to Windows 7. In attempting to re-install the registered version I've run into a problem. After downloading the product it will not accept my registration numbers. I'm not sure why this is but I could sure use a little help to finish my re-installation.

Jack Fentress

Hi Jack,

Post moved from download links forum to main support forum.

This problem is invariably caused by a minor typo or other error (copying and pasting a space?)

I would strongly recommend logging in to your simMarket account and copying the registration information from the "my products" section there.

Ian P.

I've recently switched from XP to Windows 7. In attempting to re-install the registered version I've run into a problem. After downloading the product it will not accept my registration numbers. I'm not sure why this is but I could sure use a little help to finish my re-installation.

As Ian points out, this is most likely due to an error on inputting the data. All three fields must be exactly as when you first got the Key. Use cut and paste to avoid errors. There's most certainly no difference between the process between XP and Win7, although you might need to run the Installer by right-clicking and selecting "Run as ... administrator", depending on your version of Windows 7 and its security settings. But even if that was affecting things it wouldn't cause rejection of the inputs.

Regards

Pete

"This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown. This restriction will be lifted when you have 1 more approved posts"

Hello,

How long do I have to wait before my first post is approved?

Philip2003

Until I see it. You posted this (twice) at 3:09 am my time. I was here checking at 08:30 am.

Do you have a post with any other question in it? If so I must have already replied, or you posted in a different place by mistake, because the only two from you are these two identical ones (I've deleted the other) asking how long ....

Also, you added this to someone else's thread instead of starting your own. That makes it far less noticeable because it won't move the thread to the head of the list.

Pete