The simFlight Network Forums

Autosave

I'm currently using a registered version of FSUIPC.

The Autosave feature is enabled with the following settings :

- save interval 600 secs

- how many to keep 3

- save whilst on ground checked

The FSUIPC Autosave files automatically generated (3.FLT + 3.WX, located in My documents/Flight Simulator X Files) are accessible from within FSX with the load option. Fine !

When flying Concorde X/FSLabs, and despite the number of file (3) to be kept, the number of previously saved Concorde-X panel states (.FLT.sav type) located in MSFSX/FSLabs/Concorde/PanelState, are accumulating to such a point that I need to purge the oldest ones from time to time ?

Is there a way to limit this number of (.FLT.sav) files to only 3 as per my setting ?

Merci

Best regards

When flying Concorde X/FSLabs, and despite the number of file (3) to be kept, the number of previously saved Concorde-X panel states (.FLT.sav type) located in MSFSX/FSLabs/Concorde/PanelState, are accumulating to such a point that I need to purge the oldest ones from time to time ?

This is because AutoSave does not know that the Concorde add-on is also saving such files. You have to tell it.

Is there a way to limit this number of (.FLT.sav) files to only 3 as per my setting ?

Yes, of course. It seems you missed this paragraph at the end of the Autosave section of the FSUIPC4 User Guide:

Finally, note also that several add-ons, like the PMDG aircraft, save their own data in files in other places. each time an autoSave occurs. These will accumulate and NOT be deleted by AutoSave unless you expressly request this to happen. For that you will need to edit the FSUIPC4.INI file. A special section on this is provided in the Advanced User’s document. Please check its contents list.

Regards

Pete

"A special section on this is provided in the Advanced User’s document. Please check its contents list"

Thanks, I found the special section (AUTOSAVE: INI-file only options) page 10 of FSUIPC4 Advanced Users and made the following change in FSUIPC4.ini file located in FSX/modules :

[AutoSave]

AutoSaveEnabled=Yes

Interval=600

Files=3

SaveOnGround=Yes

Next=1

1=Wed 132826

2=Wed 134802

3=Wed 135802

AlsoManage1=FSLabs\Concorde\PanelState\*.FLT.sav

AlsoManage2=A300B4\Settings\*.dat

Both indicated paths are within the main FSX path

I'm afraid the (.FLT.sav) and (.dat) files are still accumulating in their resp. locations...

What did I do wrong ? does it matter if FSX is not installed in the default (C:) drive but in a different one (E: in my case)

Regards

AlsoManage1=FSLabs\Concorde\PanelState\*.FLT.sav

AlsoManage2=A300B4\Settings\*.dat

Both indicated paths are within the main FSX path

I'm afraid the (.FLT.sav) and (.dat) files are still accumulating in their resp. locations...

What did I do wrong ? does it matter if FSX is not installed in the default (C:) drive but in a different one (E: in my case)

No, it does not matter. FSUIPC knows where FSX is because it is itself loaded from withing the Modules folder in that path.

The parameters look okay. The option won't delete previously saved ones, from before you added these lines, and of course those lines won't be read until you next re-load FSX. So, start off by deleting all your unwanted files, then run FSX.

If you've done this, can you show me the complete filename of one or two of the accumulating files, please?

Pete

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have this problem too, and I cant get rid of it. Autosaves keep piling up on ConcordeX panelstate - to the point where she refuses to load...

I have fsx in the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X)

The panelstate files are located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FSLabs\Concorde\PanelState

This is the autosave section of my fsuipc.ini file:

[AutoSave]
Next=1
Interval=180
Files=2
SaveOnGround=No
AutoSaveEnabled=Yes
1=Sat 140624
2=Sat 140923
3=Sat 115311
4=Fri 125849
5=Fri 124953
6=Fri 125053
7=Fri 125152
8=Fri 125252
9=Fri 125351
10=Fri 125451
AlsoManage1=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.fmc
AlsoManage2=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.sav
AlsoManage3=PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\*.FLT.0.rte
AlsoManage4=\FSLabs\Concorde\PanelState\*.FLT.fmc
AlsoManage5=\FSLabs\Concorde\PanelState\*.FLT.sav
AlsoManage6=\FSLabs\Concorde\PanelState\*.FLT.0.rte

I have made sure to delete the old autosaves AFTER implementing this fix, yet I see that I get a ton of autosaves in the panelstate folder. Can you please help me? Many thanks! :)