The simFlight Network Forums

Reverse Thrusters

Okay, I've made quite a few posts here but I'm trying to get my TQ set up. Mine have left and right throttles which are analog inputs and FSUIPC recognizes them okay (although I'm having issues calibrating them but that's for another thread). My reverse thrusters are just switches and can be recognized as such by FSUIPC but for the life of me I cannot find a Reverse Thrust option in the drop down box where you assign a button press.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

Personal; preference, but I tend to find "decrease fast" works better than "slow". For either you'll need the "repeat while button held" option set, so ultimately it makes little difference.

Ian P.

Okay I have Control When Button Pressed as Throttle 1 Cut and when button released Throttle 1 Decr Small. what happens is that when I pulled the RT lever FSX puts the RT on momentarily -- they don't stay on. I have the Control to Repeat ...... box checked. I even tried reversing the actions and the RT stays on but it's backwards from the RT lever action.

It should be, when button pressed "Throttle 1 dec small" (plus tick repeat while held) then on button release you send "Throttle 1 cut". Then do the same thing for the second lever with Throttle 2 dec small etc.

Andy

That's exactly as I have it set (Parameters box shows zero) and yet the action in FSX is the opposite of the switch action. To get FSUIPC to recognize the switch I have to pull full thruster and then shut them off (it doesn't get recognized until it is shut off).

Thanks

Alan

Andy

I appreciate your help. i don't think the throttles have anything to do with it (although I'm having issues with them) as the reversers are just switches. If there was a REV box to check all would be well but there isn't. I would have thought that reversing the operations such that Button Pressed is Throttle 1 cut would do it but it doesn't. Do you think there should be values in the Parameters box (1 for On and 0 for OFF)?

Thanks

Alan

No parameters are not needed for those functions as they only have one directive each i.e. decrease the throttle position incrementally or move the throttle to idle (0%).

Do the hardware throttles work the correct way around when you move them compared to the throttles in the VC of the aircraft in question?

Are we talking about Saitek throttle quadrants?

You have seen the REV boxes on the calibration tabs haven't you?

Also make sure you are looking at the correct calibration page as there are separate ones for single throttles and a few pages further over more calibration options for multiple throttles.

Perhaps you should follow the examples in the FSUIPC manual first and then configure the reverse buttons later, something is just not right with your setup it seems.

Andy

I'm not having a problem with the throttles so calibration doesn't come into it. The reversers on my TQ are simple switches. Switch ON puts the Reverse Thruster on and switch OFF turns them off. No they are not Saitek throttles but custom made to replicate a Lear45.

Alan

Can't anyone help with this. I would have thought that an ON/OFF switch to activate reverse thrusters (like the GoFlight TQ does) would be a simple thing to program.

If you just want to set full reverse or idle you'd need to assign to ThrottleN_Set (N = engine number, 1-4) with parameter -4096 for full reverse and 0 for idle.

Pete