The simFlight Network Forums

TRACON 2012: installation problem

Frank Principe

I just downloaded Tracon 2012 and get this error message after it loads:

" A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on this machine"

The program then does not run. I have tried your suggestion of right clicking and running as Administrator but I still get the same error message and the program won't run.

Can you offer any help to get this program loaded and past this error.

Thanks

Frank

===

subject line edited:  all caps reserved for feelThere ONLY.

===

Hi,

I down loaded the software and then it automatically starts the install.  When it get to the end of the install it give me that error message and if I try to run the program from the start menu folder it tells me Tracon 2012 has quit working and ends. I also get a Microsoft error message that say this software may not have installed correctly.....

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Frank 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The requirement to run applications as administrator is caused by Microsoft preventing users (including supposed "system administrators!" from being able to install things to specific places, because of constant accusations of it being too easy to infect MS operating systems with malware.

It isn't software developers' fault that the files must be in those locations in order to work - it's Microsoft's decision and slightly inept response to a problem of their own creation.

You can turn a lot, but not all, of the supposed security functions off, but not all, so the requirement to 'Run as Administrator' isn't going anywhere any time soon!

Ian P.

(Supporting Windows since Windows 3 and still shaking his head in disbelief at most of the decisions being made with each version...)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just purchased this game and installed it and have came across an issue. I have attempted launching the game as admin like this post says and I just get a black screen can't alt tab alt f4 or crtl alt delete my way out of it. The only fix is to restart my computer. I run 2 monitors, have a gtx 660ti i7 processor and 16gigs of ram. Any help would be appreciated thank you :)