The simFlight Network Forums

Issues with FSUIP

1. I'm running FSX De-luxe edition on a Windows 8.1 PC but seem to be having a problem with purchased copy of FSUIPC.  The manual says that when creating profiles, on ticking the Profile Specific box a drop down menu should appear enabling me to either cancel or create a new profile.This only appeared the first time I experimented with creating a profile.  Now all that happens is that that particular profile name shows up in the heading bit I don't get the drop down menu.

2. Before I splash out any more money on a yoke etc. can anyone confirm that the best way to program key assignments is to totally delete all the assignments in FSX and start again in FSUIPC.  I'm sure I read that somewhere but can't remember where.  I have concerns that not all of the FSX commands are avalable in FSUIPC although I can't for the life of me bring one to mind at the moment.

I have concerns that not all of the FSX commands are avalable in FSUIPC although I can't for the life of me bring one to mind at the moment.

Fsuipc allows access to many more controls than are available through the FSX controls dialog , please read  "FSX\Modules\FSUIPC Documents\List of FSX and P3D controls.pdf" to gain an appreciation of the controls you will have access to through Fsuipc

1. I'm running FSX De-luxe edition on a Windows 8.1 PC but seem to be having a problem with purchased copy of FSUIPC.  The manual says that when creating profiles, on ticking the Profile Specific box a drop down menu should appear enabling me to either cancel or create a new profile.This only appeared the first time I experimented with creating a profile.  Now all that happens is that that particular profile name shows up in the heading bit I don't get the drop down menu.

Once you have assigned an aircraft to a profile, it is actually assigned to that profile, and the profile name is displayed so you can see it. You only get to choose again when you load a different aircraft. what is your actual problem?

2. Before I splash out any more money on a yoke etc. can anyone confirm that the best way to program key assignments is to totally delete all the assignments in FSX and start again in FSUIPC.  I'm sure I read that somewhere but can't remember where.  I have concerns that not all of the FSX commands are avalable in FSUIPC although I can't for the life of me bring one to mind at the moment.

As reading1871 says, FSUIPC provides access to all FS controls and in fact many more FS controls than you can find in FS's own dialogues, and many others added by FSUIPC . The only problem you may run into is deciding among them all which ones to use. In FSUIPC all of the FS controls listed are actually directly from FS's own "CONTROLS.DLL" index and it uses the names FS provides there, not the more descriptive names shown in FS's own dialogues. If you wish to know what control is normally used by FS to do something you can use FSUIPC's event logging to see what it shows in the log when you operate a control in FS, e.g. via the keyboard or mouse click.

As far as deleting assignments in FS, there is no need. The best way to avoid conflicts is simply to disable the controllers in FS -- that's one mouse click. You don't need to worry about keyboard assignments as FSUIPC sees the keypresses before FS does so will apply its own assignments and stop FS seeing those it it dealing with.

Pete

Thanks for that.  Unfortunately I've posted again elsewhere because the thread was not where  I originally looked.  Sorry, I'm new to this.

My specific problem is that the manual says that when you tick the "Profile Specific" box that you should be presented with a drop down list from which to select another action.  I don't see a drop down list.  How do I go about creating another profile.  Am I misunderstanding this.

My specific problem is that the manual says that when you tick the "Profile Specific" box that you should be presented with a drop down list from which to select another action.  I don't see a drop down list.  How do I go about creating another profile.  Am I misunderstanding this.

The "profile specific" box provides the drop down list when you have loaded an aircraft not already assigned to a profile. You have already assigned the current aircraft, and the profile it is in is shown at the top, as you actually saw!

I did explain this in my previous message! What didn't you understand there?

Just load the aircraft you want to assign to a profile BEFORE you try to assign it to a profile! FSUIPC cannot tell what aircraft you want to deal with as it can't read your mind. It only deals with the currently loaded aircraft!

Pete

OK, now I understand.  My stupid mistake.  I hadn't realised that the profile is created around an already loaded aircraft,  I was under the impression that I was creating a profile independantly.

Thanks for your help.  I'm very new to all this and it has been a steep learning curve.