The simFlight Network Forums

Door Logic

Hello,

a litle question/problem:

The Offset 3362 Length=1 controls the doors.

I have written a litle program which display the actul value of this offset.

Now, in Prepar3D v1.4 it works perfect. When i set these values to the offset:

1 - controls Door 1 - Main Exit

2 - controls Door 2 - Service Door

but in FSX it is not working.

The crazy thing is that, if i press Shift + E + 1 or Shift + E + 2 the offset shows the correct values 1 or 2.

But when i set the value 1 in the offset the Main Door opens/closes. But the Door 2 did not work.

Is there any different between FSX and Prepar3D ??

Thanks

Matthias

This is one for Pete rather than me, maybe a moderator can move this to the main support forum? If not I'm sure Pete will see it here on his return.

Incidentally, I think you've made a typo as the offset is 0x3367 not 0x3362 as you've written.

Also, have you tried sending the control rather than writing to the offset? It's

TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT 66389

I guess the parameter would be the same one byte bit field as per the offset. (If you've not sent controls before see offset 0x3110)

Paul

No, I wrote that dll and provide support for it it here. Pete kindly offered me this sub-forum as it's for interfacing with FSUIPC.

Pete does read posts here as well. I'm not an expert on FSUIPC in general so I'm not the best person to ask about your current question. Pete will help more when he's back.

Paul

The Offset 3362 Length=1 controls the doors.

I have written a litle program which display the actul value of this offset.

It's 3367 not 3362.

Is there any different between FSX and Prepar3D ??

No, they should be identical in this area. The aicraft model interprets the control, though. Are you checking on the same aircraft?

If you log "Events" in FSUIPC, you will see that when you write to 3367, fSUIPC simply does what you are doing -- sends the same controls as Shift+E+n does. Compare the two logs from FSX and P3D. Maybe on P3D there's some control getting in between? FSUIPC uses a "macro begin/Macro end" facility provided by SimConnect to ensure the controls stay together.

Prepar3D 1.4 is now very old, and if there is a SimConnect problem with it it isn't going to get fixed. Have you considered move onto P3Dv2? It is far superior to 1.4 in every way.

Pete