The simFlight Network Forums

PFC and Prepar3D

Has anyone used Precision Flight Controls with Prepar3D?  We have a PFC modular flight deck that uses a serial port to interface with a PC running FSX or Prepar3D.  PFC has an installer that loads a DLL for FSX, and PFC shows up in the Add Ons menu along with FSUIPC after install. The installer is named PFC_Serial_Driver_FSX which was downloaded from the PFC website. An info window is shown when running then installer, and it has a section that is titled "INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D v2:".  In this section is the message:

!! WARNING !! This version of Prepar3D is later than any known by this FSUIPC4.

There may be problems. Please check for a later version of FSUIPC4!.  

The installer then goes on to say "FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.931 Installed into Prepar3D okay!".  However, there is no PFC menu item under Add Ons like there is for FSX.  We have downloaded FSUIPC from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html, and the version is 4.943.  We just purchased the license for P3D and it is version 2.5.12946.0 according to its installer.  Is the PFC DLL using FSUIPC to interface the PFC controls to FSX?  If so, then it seems to me that if our sw interfaces successfuly to FSX and P3D using FSUIPC version 4.942, then the PFC DLL should also be able to interface the controls to PSX and P3D.  Again, it does so for FSX but not P3D.  If anyone has used PFC controls with P3D, could you please tell me how you did it?

Hi,

I use the Cirrus 2 Professional console from PFC and the Radio Stack, FSX and P3Dv2.x. Of course always latest FSUIPC4 from the link in downloads, current version 4.943.

I don't use the PFC driver but Pete's driver, PFCFSX driver version 4.41 for FSX, ESP and P3D  PFCFSX 4.41

I don't know if that suites your PFC hardware as well?

The DLL and CSV macro file goes into Modules folder where FSUIPC4.dll is located, no installation ...

I don't know if that suites your PFC hardware as well?

For the older PFC serial devices you need PFCFSX.DLL, and for the more recent full USB HID devices you need PFCHID.DLL. both can be installed together if needed (my cockpit has both types of PFC device). The installation is manual -- just place the contents of the downloadable ZIPs into the Modules folder. FSUIPC will load them and initialise them if it finds them there.

Pete