The simFlight Network Forums

About upgrades to T!3DPro

Avwriter

Now that T!3D release is imminent and the price has been stated, I would like to bring up an old question that concerns many of us here. 

For those who are strongly interested in the Pro version, would FeelThere prefer that we buy the basic version and then upgrade to the PRO when it is released, or should we just wait for the Pro?  Obviously, the choice is up to us, but FeelThere has the power to strongly influence which way we go by clearly committing to making an upgrade possible.  This was hinted at in a previous thread that was later deleted. 

The price of the basic version is actually quite reasonable, but since it has been stated that the Pro version will include all of the features of the basic version, I think it is fair to say that none of us are enthusiastic about having to essentially buy the game twice.  I understand that setting up an upgrade process might be complicated, but I have a proposal.  Drumroll...

How about creating an option to allow us buy the basic version now for the price of the Pro version, with the assurance that the Pro version will be delivered to us as soon as it is ready?  I suppose you could even consider giving these customers access to the Pro version beta process when it begins, and thereby benefit from our input along the way.  After all, the hardcore ATC simmers in this forum are likely some of the best resources you could have in that regard.  I just thought the idea was worth floating around.

7 hours ago, DomYul said:

Good idea Avwriter. Although if that is not an option, I would like to see, at a minimum, an updgrade price so that purchasers of the original 3D aren't forced to pay full price twice.

^ this sounds fair. 

Would still be nice to at least hear a general commitment that a purchase of the T!3D will in some way be credited toward the purchase of T!3DPro if an when it is released, even if you cannot say exactly how it would work.  Years ago, I was quite frustrated that no method was offered to upgrade from T!2011 single player to the multi-player version.  It left a very negative impression.  I do not want to be burned again and personally feel hesitant to purchase at this time because of that.

Accepted, though begrudgingly.  I have purchased the game.  I admit the lower price point makes it a bit easier to swallow, but I do sincerely hope that you will keep this issue in mind as T!3DPro gets closer to release.

3 hours ago, Avwriter said:

Accepted, though begrudgingly.  I have purchased the game.  I admit the lower price point makes it a bit easier to swallow, but I do sincerely hope that you will keep this issue in mind as T!3DPro gets closer to release.

We appreciate it a lot. Indeed we will think hard how to handle it.