The simFlight Network Forums

Trying to update

I am running P3D v2.5.12945 and I had a registered FSUIPC version 4.939n installed. I thought I would update the FSUIPC to the 4.953 version but cant seem to be able to register it. A non registered version has installed into my P3D, but when I try to register it keeps looking for FSXSE, which I do not have.  I cant figure out how to get registederd again. Can you helpme?

Thanks.

Howard

As well as what Thomas says, I would certainly be wondering how it suddenly became "unregistered", because Registration has nothing to do with version numbers -- version 4 is version 4, and that's what the Registration ties to.

Regarding the Installer for an updated version, it sounds likely that your registry is in a mess. Have you been using a migration program to install things for P3D? They tend to mess things up such that Installers which do understand all these FS versions get misled.

When you say "it keeps looking for FSXSE" what do you mean? It looks for each version of FS which in registered as installed, but it only checks once. It never "keeps looking". It just prompts you to point it to the correct folder and EXE file for any one of those if it cannot find it where the Registry points.

If you want me to help with the installation problem, you need to show me the Install log, which is always produced by the Installer and which will contain the exact reasons for what you see. You can paste it complete into a message here.

Pete