The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Nyerges Real Traffic, I have questions

futureboy

The main value of Real Traffic is that it includes a much larger collection of real aircraft models (the default game only included about half a dozen), including multiple variants of each type.  We now have A340s 747s, A380s, MD-11s and many more.  These models will be necessary to make use of the upcoming Real Color livery add-ons.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, futureboy said:

But I still only see 5 models:

narrow body jet
prop
regional jet
turboprop
wide body jet

You could add 10,000 more aircraft, but in the end you are only going to have 5 styles.

Still no value added.

RickyJ

Ricky,

Something is wrong with your install. There should be real airliners included.

Oh, all the different aircraft show up. In fact for KLAX there are 168 different aircraft models, but you will only see 5 different basic styles or types or sizes.  For instance:

All of these will show up as a wide body jet

B777 IL86 IL96 A310 A332 A342 B742 B762 B772 A310 A333 A343 B763 B773 B744 B764 A345 A306 A346 A388 B75W B77L DC10 B743 B743 B77W B744 MD11 A310 A330 A340 A380 B74S B74M B747 B767 A30B A30B
and not 38 different styles of aircraft, with and without winglets and other discerning differences.

All you have to do is look at the klax_airplanes.txt file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D\Extensions\Airfields\KLAX folder.

RickyJ

Again, you did not install it correctly, or something else is not right.  You should see (visually) each one of those aircraft types.  You should even be able to see variants like 757-200 and 757-300 as distinct 3D models.  I can see them and I am a customer like you, not a FeelThere employee.

1. Did you install SP2, released on Monday?  Real Traffic will not work without that.  Download and install a fresh copy from your original email link.

2. Run the installer again and be sure to point the installer to the main directory of Tower3D, wherever you installed it. 

Okay I'll concede, maybe there are 6 different styles.  I did fast forward KLAX until a 388 showed up and it had a double row of windows, but I checked the schedule files and still cannot find any 747's. I am still in doubt that there are 168 different drawings of all the different planes.

RickyJ

The "schedule" I checked was the file named "klax_schedule.txt" in the C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D\Extensions\Airfields\KLAX folder. I initially was incorrectly looking for 747 but have now found the correct 744 planes and hoping to eventually see one.

Don't worry, I don't expect to see any DC-10's or L1011's or Concorde's let alone any DC-3's :)

Like you said, I guess I am going to have to spend more time. Okay, if I have too :)

RickyJ